Dragon Meetup 2018 - 16th June

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Re: Dragon Meetup 2018 - 16th June

Post by sixxie »

tjewell wrote: @sixxie - I didn't even get a chance to ask if the eeprom worked?
It worked perfectly! Demoed slightly better music and much better sound effects a few times during the day, but my ROMification was a little buggy (expected!), so it didn't handle reset too well.

I'm also sad I didn't make it to the pub, but we'd made other plans for the evening.

Glad people like their tapes, and yes, "Teipen Mwnci" is supposed to imply a monkey and a typewriter (not what google translate says in the other direction!) - basically hubris, imagining it's worth 1/∞ of a Shakespeare ;)

--

Seeing Dragonplus in action reminded me just how much I wanted one from the ads in Dragon User.

I still want to see a second 200-E in the wild - too easy to believe it's the work of a devoted Spanish fan! Really good work though, if it is...
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

@sixxie - So is your Dunjunz cartridge using banking?
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Talking about the 200-E, you can see that the one at the archive and the one I took to the meeting are in fact different machines.

It was a pleasure meeting you and thanks for the Dunjunz tape!

I’ve uploaded my pictures here.

Cheers,
Rob
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Bosco wrote:@sixxie - So is your Dunjunz cartridge using banking?
Yep, has to - too much data!
robcfg wrote:Talking about the 200-E, you can see that the one at the archive and the one I took to the meeting are in fact different machines
Well colour me convinced, then! I wonder if anyone wrote anything to take advantage of the modified BASIC and character set..?
tormod

Post by tormod »

Thanks for a great meeting, Tony and everyone! It was a fine complete display of Dragon Data hardware, but even more impressive was the line-up of Dragon and Dragon Archives legends and friends! For those who would wonder, they are as nice and friendly in real as they are on the forum!

I googled up this group photo at the museum's twitter feed: https://twitter.com/computermuseum/stat ... 2506476544
I am happy I am able to say I got to chat a little (or two nights at the pub) with at least everyone on this photo and know their names - won't post them though :) There were also lots of people coming by, some just stumbling in from the "normal" museum, and also more staff/volunteers from the museum that helped out and hung out with us, a great thanks to them all.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Well colour me convinced, then! I wonder if anyone wrote anything to take advantage of the modified BASIC and character set..?
I was wondering the same and also if the SG24 mode could take advantage of the new characters.

And I couldn't agree more with Tormod, the Dragon people is as nice (or even nicer!) in the flesh as in the forums!