Hello everyone!

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
daniel_gsp

Hello everyone!

Post by daniel_gsp »

Hi everyone, a new member here from Portugal.

Pretty much love all 8-bit machines, and like to collect adventure games for each one, specially text based adventures since I really love the genre.
Hope to learn more about this beautiful machine, and meet the pros :)

Cheers,
Daniel
robcfg

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by robcfg »

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Archive!

The Dragon has plenty of text adventures so you'll be having much fun here. On the plus side, people here is really nice ;)

Do you know by any chance if the Dragon was distributed in Portugal?

Bem vindo!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Hello Daniel and welcome.

For more information about Dragon text adventures be sure to check out The Classic Adventures Solution Archive. (It does not yet list every Dragon text adventure, but I am still adding games whenever I become aware of them.)
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hi Daniel and welcome to World of Dragon.

I don't know much about text adventures but there are plenty of people here who do. :)
daniel_gsp

Post by daniel_gsp »

Thanks everyone, and in response to the question, I don't believe the Dragon was ever sold in Portugal, Spectrum was the mainstream and it's clone Timex Computer assembled here in Portugal, but you could find Amstrad as well as some models of the MSX, just don't recall seeing Dragon, Acorn's, BBC and Orics around :)
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Thanks mate!

You can see a list of adventure games here. I’m pretty sure we have more, so don’t forget to check the downloads section in the wiki’s left sidebar.
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

robcfg wrote: You can see a list of adventure games here.
I think some of the per-title pages need tweaking. Since the files were moved into subdirectories by publisher, some of the download links don't work (e.g. Juxtaposition).

You can still browse under here of course: http://archive.worldofdragon.org/archiv ... ragon/cas/

Whoops, no you can't! Looks like a lot of things have moved here: http://archive.worldofdragon.org/archiv ... re/Dragon/
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry guys - in the process of updating... fixing the links is on the TODO list.....
Simon Hardy