Hello World!

A forum for members to discuss this site, offer suggestions for improvement etc.
ogsteviestrow

Hello World!

Post by ogsteviestrow »

Hello Dragon Folk,

Thank you for allowing me, a bloody American to join this prestigious group. I hail from the United States where we elect reality TV starts to be our president.
I grew up with my first computer, the Tandy Color Computer, cousin to the Dragon, and owned and operated Tandy Computers all through the 80's

Owning the CoCo got me interested in computers, programming, computer science, IT, etc., and like so many other people, I can credit that machine for making me who am I am today.

I lost touch with my original equipment, floppies, and tons of home made games in BASIC, much to my regret, but got back into the CoCo and the retro scene a few years ago when I started doing YouTube.

I have become aware of the Dragon, the community, and I recently acquired one of the new in-box California Digital US versions of the Tano Dragon, which I've yet to even look at, but I hope to soon.

Thanks for letting me in, hope to learn much more about this machine, and the people who are still in love with it.
robcfg

Re: Hello World!

Post by robcfg »

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the Dragon Archive!

Dragon/CoCo fans are welcome from all around the world.

You’ll be enjoying that Dragon Tano a lot! It’s a real blast from the past. Opening a brand new computer as in the eighties is quite rare these days.

Also, there are several new developments which ought to show how capable these machines were despite their shortcomings.

Have fun!
munkeyboy

Post by munkeyboy »

Hello Steve,

There are plenty of very talented and knowledgeable people who are friendly and helpful on this forum ( I exclude myself from the talented and knowledgeable part, as I usually just look on with awe at the projects that have and are still happening here)(my tool of choice is the lump hammer :D ).

When I opened my Tano a few years back, it was like travelling back in time, savour every moment. My only warning is be very careful with the flap on the end of the box, as they seem to have the same structural integrity as tissue paper! Having said that I remember accidentally tearing the flap on my original back in '83 :shock:
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Steve,
pleased you joined this group!
Wellcome aboard!
cheers
pere
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hey Stevie, great to see you on this side of the pond! :D

Of course the forums are where all the cool kids hang-out :lol: , but you knew that already hence why you created http://tandyforum.org/. Btw. I would encourage everyone here to check it out.

With regard to your Tano, remember when you open up that sealed carton take a big, deep breath of the 1980s. :)