xroar-snap-2019-49969

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
sixxie
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by sixxie » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:25 am

Aha! Yes, that totally explains it: the Windows specific code has been rolled into the general SDL code.

Congrats on finding it... if there had been any way for you to see stderr output there would have been a useful error message there... :/

pser1
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Barcelona (SPAIN)

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by pser1 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:44 am

No problem at all.
once I found the problem and deleted that line, everything works alright!
Thanks a lot for helping me find out the problem!
cheers
pere

sixxie
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by sixxie » Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 pm

Latest snapshot works around this by picking the first UI if specified one doesn't exist (any more).

pser1
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Barcelona (SPAIN)

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by pser1 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:46 pm

sixxie wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Latest snapshot works around this by picking the first UI if specified one doesn't exist (any more).
Hi Ciaran,
a bit late, but I saw it ... and after downloading and testing I confirm it works flawlessly even with the old
-ui windows32
in the config file
Thanks a lot
pere

pser1
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Barcelona (SPAIN)

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by pser1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:12 am

sixxie wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 pm
Latest snapshot works around this by picking the first UI if specified one doesn't exist (any more).
Hello Ciaran,
now I can leave that
-ui windows32
But with this last snapshot the bat files that load a virtual disk and then use the syntax:
-RUN"FILENAME.BIN"
fail showing in the emulated Dragon window:
RUNFILENAME.BIN
?UL ERROR
OK
Using the snapshot 2019-51897 this works without problems ...
Something is happening with the very first double quote
Could it be something related with passing strings as parameters? What has changed and how to overcome it?
Thanks in advance
pere

pser1
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Barcelona (SPAIN)

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by pser1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:57 pm

@Ciaran
Hi,
I kind of solved it that way:
-type RUN\"KING.BIN\n\"
instead of using the old way I was used to:
-type RUN"KING.BIN\n"

So, no problems again.
Thanks alot
pere

pser1
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Barcelona (SPAIN)

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by pser1 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:19 pm

pser1 wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:57 pm
@Ciaran
Hi,
I kind of solved it that way:
-type RUN\"KING.BIN\n\"
instead of using the old way I was used to:
-type RUN"KING.BIN\n"

So, no problems again.
Thanks alot
pere
In fact, while modifying the bats that call some games in my setup, I have found that the ending double quote is not needed indeed,
so it is enough to write
-type RUN\"KING.BIN\n

cheers
pere

sixxie
Posts: 1097
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:36 am
Location: Hertfordshire
Contact:

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by sixxie » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:56 pm

Right! Sorry for not replying to this sooner...

Looks like some interaction with the "-type" command needs some thought.

The config file reading changes mean you can use double or single quotes and escape characters with backslash. At the moment the "-type" command also interprets some of those character escapes. I need to make sure the generic parsing covers all the eventualities, then remove the special treatment from the "-type" command.

Glad you found a workaround for now. Looking at it, the way that should work now and in the future is:

Code: Select all

-type "RUN\"KING.BIN\"\r"
Backslash 'r' because in the Dragon it's a CR character you're typing, not an LF - though I see no reason not to accept both to mean the same thing - and indeed at the moment one half of the equation does so ;)

..ciaran

pser1
Posts: 1342
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Barcelona (SPAIN)

Re: xroar-snap-2019-49969

Post by pser1 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:20 pm

sixxie wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:56 pm
Right! Sorry for not replying to this sooner...
Looks like some interaction with the "-type" command needs some thought.
The config file reading changes mean you can use double or single quotes and escape characters with backslash. At the moment the "-type" command also interprets some of those character escapes. I need to make sure the generic parsing covers all the eventualities, then remove the special treatment from the "-type" command.
Glad you found a workaround for now. Looking at it, the way that should work now and in the future is:

Code: Select all

-type "RUN\"KING.BIN\"\r"
Backslash 'r' because in the Dragon it's a CR character you're typing, not an LF - though I see no reason not to accept both to mean the same thing - and indeed at the moment one half of the equation does so ;)
..ciaran
Hi Ciaran,
thanks a lot for the explanation and showing the syntax that we should use.
I have tested it and works well right now, so I will apply it to all of my bat files that use the -type command
cheers
pere

Post Reply