EEPROM Programmers

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
Rink

EEPROM Programmers

Post by Rink »

Hi all,

I've been gone for a while (sorry about that), but am back and fairly determined to finish some of the projects I had planned. I'm getting a sense of deja vu, so I've probably been through this before.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a proper EEPROM prrogrammer? Seems a hard task to find them these days - I keep running into ones for flash/SPI memory, but not for the parallel chips (like the 28 series which I use a lot, and used in my Dragon cartridge boards). My homemade programmer depresses me - it's too much of a faff to use - and that in itself has been encouraging my procrastination. Time to get a proper tool.

All the best,

R
robcfg

Re: EEPROM Programmers

Post by robcfg »

I recommend a Top3000 programmer like this one.

It's given me many years of good service and can deal with a big range of devices.

Take a look on eBay, you may find it cheaper.
Rink

Re: EEPROM Programmers

Post by Rink »

Looks good to me, mate. Thank you very much. Ordered one.

Not worried about the price - if I start thinking along those lines then I'll never get anything done. That's how I ended up with the horrible mess of wires I have now (and a very slow programming sequence that involves unplugging cables and restarting software before every burn). :D