Loading images on the Dragon

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
robcfg

Loading images on the Dragon

Post by robcfg »

Hi everybody!

You may think that what I'm going to tell you is a bit silly, but I feel very proud of achieving this without help. :ugeek:

I was dumping a dragon tape while reading a basic manual and I thought that it would be funny to convert a picture to be seen on the Dragon, so I converted an image in photoshop, then I wrote a program to pack the image bits and then converted it to .cas format with my DrBinCas utility.

After some initial problems, I finally got it working and here you can see the result: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcXhXVvWzCk

Hope you like it! :mrgreen:
admin
Site Admin

Re: Loading images on the Dragon

Post by admin »

Thats really cool - can you provide a little more detail as I have an image I would love to get onto the Dragon...
Simon Hardy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

OK - I actually need to do this for a little project I'm working on - any chance you can supply instructions and the programs you used to pack and convert??
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Tonight or tomorrow morning i'll upload tools and tutorial. Is there a section in the wiki for such tutorials?
daftspaniel

Post by daftspaniel »

Nice trick - look forward to the tool!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

robcfg wrote:Tonight or tomorrow morning i'll upload tools and tutorial. Is there a section in the wiki for such tutorials?
Not yet - make one in the most appropriate place or just post here for now.
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi folks!

I thought that the tutorial would fit quite well under the "Technical" section so I created the page there.

Please take a look at the tutorial and try the tools, if you find any error or you'd like something explained better, don't hesitate to ask! 8-)
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Nice work, Rob. 8-) I look forward to seeing more projects from you in the future. :)

Regards,
Steve
Stig

Post by Stig »

Hi,

I am trying to convert a picture using this method but I can't get the downloaded programs to run. When I try to open any of the included exe files (DrBinCas etc) they open briefly for a split second and then close again. I am using windows 8.1 (64bit) and i've tried running as admin and all compatibility options.

I managed to get my .RAW image converted to .PM4 by dragging it onto the Raw2Pmode4.exe but the same method does not work to convert it further.

Do I have to run the files via Dosbox or something ?

Any help would be great

Thanks
tormod

Post by tormod »

You must open a command window (Start CMD.EXE) and then run the commands there. If they are not in your path you have to CD your way to where they are.