HDB-DOS

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
sixxie

Re: HDB-DOS

Post by sixxie »

zephyr wrote:
JCCyC wrote: I fixed the makefile (latest from Mercurial) so the cb_equates and ecb_equates are built correctly.
How do you download files from Mercurial?
Its syntax is a bit like git's (well, maybe that was the other way around, but still).

Once you have mercurial installed, "hg clone http://path/to/repository" ("hg", geddit?). You'd have to check man pages for anything else, that's about all I've ever done in mercurial.
KenH

Post by KenH »

Code: Select all

hg clone  http://toolshed.hg.sourceforge.net/hgweb/toolshed/toolshed  path_to_working_copy 
Note that path_to_working_copy is the path to the folder where you want to store the files (e.g. C:\Source\toolshed on Windows or /usr/src/toolshed on Linux).

When you want to get the latest changes from the repository, cd or chd into the toolshed folder and run:

Code: Select all

hg pull
hg update
There are some GUI tools that make using Mercurial easier. I use MacHG
http://mercurial.selenic.com/wiki/OtherTools
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Ciaran, and Ken for the information.

This Mercurial thing is absolute garbage!!! It would be far better if they just put all the files in a tarball or compressed archive so they can be download in seconds directly from any web browser. This Mercurial junk is totally unnecessary.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Here are the HDB-DOS 1.4 (DriveWire) ROM images and .WAV files, if anyone would like to try them. I have written an improved installer for the cassette versions. Enter EXEC a second time (after HDB-DOS has been installed) and the reset code will be patched on a CoCo 1/2 so it won't crash if the reset button is pressed.

EDIT: Archive updated on Jan 2nd. Further improved the installer for the cassette versions. Reset code is now automatically patched on CoCo 1/2 machines (no need to enter EXEC a second time). Installer now also supports installing HDB-DOS from floppy disk on CoCo1/2 machines.

EDIT: Archive updated on Jan 4th. This copy of HDB-DOS 1.4 is freshly compiled from the latest source code (The DriveWire R/W source code was updated on the 4th January).

EDIT: Archive updated on Jan 10th. I have further improved my HDB-DOS cassette installer. The Disk Extended Color BASIC 2.1 (DECB 2.1) patches are now applied when HDB-DOS 1.4 is installed on a CoCo 3.

EDIT: Archive updated on Feb 18th. Updated my HDB-DOS cassette installer (v1.2).
Changes for HDB-DOS Cassette Installer v1.2 (Released on the 18th February, 2013):

* Added support for Steve Woolham's CoCo BASIC Upgrade Patch v1.1
* Relocated the 64K reset code to avoid conflicts with HDB-DOS
Attachments
HDB-DOSv1.4_DriveWire_r3.rar
(58.3 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Last edited by zephyr on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:18 am, edited 18 times in total.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Does anyone here ever use the features of FlexiKey under HDB-DOS?
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

zephyr wrote:Thanks Ciaran, and Ken for the information.

This Mercurial thing is absolute garbage!!! It would be far better if they just put all the files in a tarball or compressed archive so they can be download in seconds directly from any web browser. This Mercurial junk is totally unnecessary.
Welllll...

Version control is an absolute necessity for any kind of serious cooperative software development (just ask the Linux developers if you don't believe me), but I agree there's better systems than Mercurial. I think Subversion is simpler and more comfortable to work with.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I don't mind which method of "version control" is used, as long as the source code files can be downloaded in a single compressed archive (.zip, .rar, .7z, etc) via any standard web browser.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Where can I download the original HDB-DOS 1.1D source code?
KenH

Post by KenH »

It should be possibe to pull back any previous version using the Mercural source control.
Out of curiosity, why would you want to revert back to version 1.1D (December 2007)?
Ken

UPDATE: Seems that HDB-DOS was released into the public domain on January 2012 as version 1.3. Therefore, the Mercural depository doesn't host any earlier versions.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

KenH wrote: Out of curiosity, why would you want to revert back to version 1.1D (December 2007)?
Just curious about the exact changes that have taken place since 1.1D. :) I would also like to know more about the full history of HDB-DOS. I know it was once Roger Krupski's project (known then as RGB-DOS), then for some reason Cloud-9 took over and changed the name to HDB-DOS. Does anyone know the complete history of this project?