DriveWire

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
KenH

Re: DriveWire

Post by KenH »

Steve,
Drivewire 4.1's setup wizard has a "Test configuration" option (at the final wizard screen), which was omitted in the latest 2 DW4 versions.
It is useful for testing the basic connectivity.
I have uploaded DW4.1 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?3pb6xnl4holu43f
Does your CoCo pass this test?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks, Ken!

I am now using a CoCo 2 and it passes the test perfectly. Still the same problem though, enter DIR on the CoCo and it just returns an I/O ERROR.
Last edited by zephyr on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KenH

Post by KenH »

zephyr wrote: I am now using a CoCo 2 and it passes the test perfectly.
That's a good sign :)
I'm hardly an expert on the Drivewire protocol. Try submitting a bug report through the DW help menu. Aaron may be able to give you some advice.
Ken
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Its working perfectly now, but I had to use a USB to Serial adapter. The next stage is to burn some EPROMs to make a DW cartridge. 8-)

Ken, Thanks for taking the time to help me with this. :)
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I have now made a perfect working DW cartridge, but I did have a few problems. I spent all afternoon testing all of my game carts, searching for one that could handle double speed. Only 2 out of 19 carts could handle double speed. :o
Dantyr

Post by Dantyr »

zephyr wrote:Its working perfectly now, but I had to use a USB to Serial adapter. The next stage is to burn some EPROMs to make a DW cartridge. 8-)

Good to know that! I will try to grab one of those to see if it works with my Color64! I also was using connected to the serial port COM1 on my PC.

Juan has the same issue with his CoCo1.

Daniel
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

Dantyr wrote:
zephyr wrote:Its working perfectly now, but I had to use a USB to Serial adapter. The next stage is to burn some EPROMs to make a DW cartridge. 8-)

Good to know that! I will try to grab one of those to see if it works with my Color64! I also was using connected to the serial port COM1 on my PC.

Daniel
But keep in mind the same cable, with the same DW server, using the same COM of the same PC, works perfectly with my CoCo 3.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Dantyr wrote:

Daniel
Make sure the drivers are available for your Operating System before you buy. ;) Although the USB to Serial adapter I got came with a drivers disc, the drivers were not the correct ones for the adapter. I had to search for hours on the internet to find the correct drivers.