XRoar, How to append to the end of a TAPE file

Hardware Hacking, Programming and Game Solutions/Cheats
pser1

XRoar, How to append to the end of a TAPE file

Post by pser1 »

Hi Ciaran,
I have a tape file that contains two programs and now I need to append four more.
Opening the Tape tool in XRoar allows me to insert a tape file, but when I choose the existing one, it asks me if I want to overwrite it
Of course I don't want to, so I do answer NO and the result is No file attached ...
How could I attach an existent file as an output file so that SAVE write past the end?
thanks in advance
pere
sixxie

Re: XRoar, How to append to the end of a TAPE file

Post by sixxie »

You're probably alright saying "yes" to that actually - it's badly phrased, but it's a windows/gtk built-in dialog I think. What XRoar will actually do by default is append to the file (you can press "rewind" to overwrite). Which is altering it, but you shouldn't lose data.

I wonder if there's a way of overriding the text windows (or whatever) puts in that dialog...
pser1

Post by pser1 »

sixxie wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:16 am You're probably alright saying "yes" to that actually - it's badly phrased, but it's a windows/gtk built-in dialog I think. What XRoar will actually do by default is append to the file (you can press "rewind" to overwrite). Which is altering it, but you shouldn't lose data.
I wonder if there's a way of overriding the text windows (or whatever) puts in that dialog...
I had not verified that point, going to answer Yes ...
Will tell you how it goes. Once known the behaviour, it doesn't matter that much the text.
thanks a bunch!
pser1

Post by pser1 »

sixxie wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:16 am You're probably alright saying "yes" to that actually - it's badly phrased, but it's a windows/gtk built-in dialog I think. What XRoar will actually do by default is append to the file (you can press "rewind" to overwrite). Which is altering it, but you shouldn't lose data.
Verified, it works perfectly!
In fact after answering yes one can read the 'already' used time in that tape.
It is not zero, so it has not been rewinded.
cheers!
pere