Audio Spectrum Analyzer by Steve Bjork

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
zephyr

Audio Spectrum Analyzer by Steve Bjork

Post by zephyr »

This is a copy of Steve Bjork's Audio Spectrum Analyzer, published by the Tandy Corporation (Datasoft). I have converted it from the original Tandy CoCo compatible cartridge to a Dragon 32/64 compatible cassette version.
The Audio Spectrum Analyzer allows you to play music through the Dragon cassette port, while displaying the equivalent of an EQ based on the sound coming through.

To the audio purist, high fidelity is a term which means faithful sound reproduction--the sound of "being there." Full, rich, accurate sound-every nuance precisely delineated. The tools to reach this desirable goal have been available for years. Quality amplifiers, tuners, turntables, receivers, and speakers, designed for maximum fidelity are available in almost every price range. All of these come supplied with impressive specifications and overwhelming claims.

But specifications and charts tell only part of the story. How well do these individual parts work together? Audio Spectrum Analyzer can help you achieve the maximum possible performance from your audio investment. It allows you to watch the music, showing you the power distribution of the music, or if you prefer, provides a visually entertaining Kaleidoscope of changing, dancing patterns for hours of relaxation.
Steve Bjork's Audio Spectrum Analyzer on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZzgM1JhdIo

A copy of the complete instruction manual is included.

EDIT: Attachment removed.
Last edited by zephyr on Wed May 23, 2012 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah

Re: Audio Spectrum Analyzer by Steve Bjork

Post by Sarah »

Cool upload! Well done!
zephyr wrote:Steve Bjork's Audio Spectrum Analyzer on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZzgM1JhdIo
That's a great video! I love that he bought old kit without prejudice and is so happy with his purchase! :D
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Sarah! :)

Here's a greatly improved version which is now compatible with Tandy Color Computer 1,2,3 and Dragon 32/64 machines. This version also fixes a couple of bugs which I previously missed.

EDIT: Archive updated 12:54 pm. Made some speed optimizations to the main loop, and made a few minor modifications to clean-up the code.
Attachments
Audio Spectrum Analyzer v2a (1981)(Tandy Corporation)[!].zip
(61.61 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Here's a copy of Audio Spectrum Analyzer saved to a DragonDOS virtual floppy disk (VDK).
Attachments
ASA_VDK.zip
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 179 times