DragonCoCo v1.0

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
KenH

Re: DragonCoCo v1.0

Post by KenH »

Cool!
Now that you have a Dragon with dual roms you should go for the Dragon Drivewire project
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=781
:D
Dantyr

Post by Dantyr »

zephyr wrote:Yes. It looks like you will need to move the switch.
Even in that position ? Do you have pics of a cart big enough that will reach that place ? :o
KenH wrote:Cool!
Now that you have a Dragon with dual roms you should go for the Dragon Drivewire project
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=781
:D
Already looking into it. But right now I'm taking a time to look at the saturated colors issue. ;)

Thanks!
Daniel
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Dantyr wrote: Even in that position ? Do you have pics of a cart big enough that will reach that place ? :o
All of the Dragon cartridge cases that I have seen take up the full width, and almost the full height of the cartridge port. Its difficult to be 100% sure, but I would say from looking at the video footage that the switch would be in the way of any original DragonDOS controller or game cartridge.
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

zephyr wrote:
Dantyr wrote: Even in that position ? Do you have pics of a cart big enough that will reach that place ? :o
All of the Dragon cartridge cases that I have seen take up the full width, and almost the full height of the cartridge port. Its difficult to be 100% sure, but I would say from looking at the video footage that the switch would be in the way of any original DragonDOS controller or game cartridge.
Well, Daniel, at least that hole will be almost unnoticeable. Me, I'm gonna do it the old-fashioned way -- hole in the back. But first, I'll look for a dual-position push-button (like the channel 3/4 switch) so it looks neater.
Dantyr

Post by Dantyr »

zephyr wrote:All of the Dragon cartridge cases that I have seen take up the full width, and almost the full height of the cartridge port. Its difficult to be 100% sure, but I would say from looking at the video footage that the switch would be in the way of any original DragonDOS controller or game cartridge.
Damned! :x
I was taking on consideration a few CoCo carts that I have seen and most CP400 carts that are available here and are very small.
JCCyC wrote:Well, Daniel, at least that hole will be almost unnoticeable. Me, I'm gonna do it the old-fashioned way -- hole in the back. But first, I'll look for a dual-position push-button (like the channel 3/4 switch) so it looks neater.
The back get most exposed to crash with the desk, wall and other things. The ideal place for a switch is on the side after the slot cart, as Zephir made on his mod, because it's get protected from colisions by the protuberant side.
A switch button like the 3/4 channel switch is a good option too, and can be placed on the back without much consideration. I'm still thinking on modify the 3/4 channel button for the switch to the DragonCoco. It serves nothing in Brazil (here VHF channel 4 is ocuppied), so I could just jump the connection for channel 3 and use the switch for changing the ROM.

Daniel
KenH

Post by KenH »

Dantyr wrote:I'm still thinking on modify the 3/4 channel button for the switch to the DragonCoco
Good idea! Most of us are only using the monitor port these days anyway, since its video quality is much better than RF output.
This leaves the channel select button useless on the Tano.
JCCyC

Post by JCCyC »

Dantyr wrote:The back get most exposed to crash with the desk, wall and other things. The ideal place for a switch is on the side after the slot cart, as Zephir made on his mod, because it's get protected from colisions by the protuberant side.
Of course! Done. I also had to cut up the Styrofoam in the box so the Dragon would fit back in with the new switch. Admittedly, I'm not the best Styrofoam sculptor there is.

Dantyr

Post by Dantyr »

JCCyC wrote:Of course! Done. I also had to cut up the Styrofoam in the box so the Dragon would fit back in with the new switch. Admittedly, I'm not the best Styrofoam sculptor there is.
Nice! :)
Dantyr

Post by Dantyr »

I followed you guys counsel and put a button switch for the ROM outside the cartridge slot.

Daniel
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Steve Woolham has updated the CoCoDragon ROMs to avoid a conflict with HDB-DOS. After some testing of the ROMs, I discovered that both HDB-DOS and the CoCo ROM were using the same bytes at $F7 and $F8. Follow the link below for more information.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=619&p=4933#p4933