Premier Microsystems Sprite Board

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
dlinsley

Premier Microsystems Sprite Board

Post by dlinsley »

I scanned the manual and other sheets I have for this today. I'm borrowing an EPROM programmer to dump the two copies of the ROM I have - hopefully they dump the same, or have a sane diff when dissassembled and aren't corrupt after all these years.
Attachments
Premier Microsystems Sprite board instructions.zip
Instruction manual and pinouts
(7.68 MiB) Downloaded 393 times
Pernod70

Re: Premier Microsystems Sprite Board

Post by Pernod70 »

It's interesting to see that it was intended for a variety of machines, including the UK101
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

Attaching the dumps of the two copies of the ROM I have.

There is a single bit difference at offset 0x0D13, 0x7D in one version and 0xFD in the other so could be a single bit error rather than a fix. I dumped the first rom, then the second, then the first again and finally the second again. The ROMs dump the same each time they are dumped.

I've not tried to disassemble yet, but hopefully they are the 6809 version. From looking in a hex editor, the only string is "Sprite Full Colour Display <C> Premier Microsystems Written by Justin Johnson 1984"
Attachments
Sprite_rom.zip
(7.02 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

I've put the data section into a character editor spreadsheet that I'd used for the D200E charset. Am attaching a screenshot which shows the house sprite as mentioned in the manual, along with the spreadsheet itself.

The entire character set is there, along with what looks like some trekkie stuff, planes, tanks, subs, battleships etc.
Sprites.PNG
Sprites.PNG (7.89 KiB) Viewed 5781 times
Attachments
Sprites.zip
(59.32 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

dlinsley wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 3:30 am Attaching the dumps of the two copies of the ROM I have.

There is a single bit difference at offset 0x0D13, 0x7D in one version and 0xFD in the other so could be a single bit error rather than a fix. I dumped the first rom, then the second, then the first again and finally the second again. The ROMs dump the same each time they are dumped.
I note that the manual says that every copy of the Sprite software is uniquely coded. Maybe that's what this different bit is?