Peaksoft Prestel Cart (probably) ROM dump

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
tjewell

Peaksoft Prestel Cart (probably) ROM dump

Post by tjewell »

I'm pretty sure I've found one of these Peaksoft Prestel Cart mentioned here: http://peaksoft.co.uk/peaksoftstory/, or a homemade version of one. Certainly, there's a copyright message "PRESTEL SOFTWARE MARTIN CLEGHORN MULTITERM1987 1.1" in the ROM, and that ties up with the story on the Peaksoft site.

The attached ZIP file contains the ROM dump, plus two pictures of the cartridge itself. I would really love to see a manual for this, to see if I can actually get it working!

Cheers, Tony
Attachments
peaksoft-prestel-cart.zip
(6.95 MiB) Downloaded 340 times
robcfg

Re: Peaksoft Prestel Cart (probably) ROM dump

Post by robcfg »

Nice find!

It would be nice to find a way to feed the cartridge with some Prestel data.

Can you be bothered to scan or otherwise take some nice pictures of the cartridge and the PCB?
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Actually, relatively speaking, it shouldn't be too hard. Once I can figure out what baud rate it's talking at, I'll get it to connect to a Pi or some sort of wifi232 box, then I can use a service like this - https://glasstty.com/wiki/index.php/The ... tex_System

I'm happy to get photos of the board if I can get it out - it's jammed in real good! (the switch makes it tricky) I'll give it another go when I'm next in the office.
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Hi Rob,

Well, I got the case apart, and this is what I found inside. Is this picture good enough? All I see is thousands of little green wires and it's making my head hurt! :)

Cheers, Tony
Attachments
IMG_20190122_170758.jpg
IMG_20190122_170758.jpg (3.46 MiB) Viewed 5328 times
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Tony,
nice find, despite this wire-wrapping mess
Thanks for sharing!
I am afraid that creating the schematics would be a pain ... unfortunately :-(
cheers