Devil's Island by Apex Trading Ltd

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
robcfg

Devil's Island by Apex Trading Ltd

Post by robcfg »

Hello everyone!

I got Devil's Island by Apex Trading on eBay, and I'm quite amazed that I cannot find any info on it anywhere. Not on the Archive, nor CASA, no results on Google (well, just one that shows that was published for the TI99/4A computer...).

We have listed a game called Island Adventure on the Apex Trading page, that may be the same game, but I'm not sure about that.

Anyone knows anything about it?

I've created the page, scanned tape and inlay and uploaded the game. You can check it here.

Cheers,
Rob
rolfmichelsen

Re: Devil's Island by Apex Trading Ltd

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Ah... Old memories return. This was actually the first proper adventure game that I played on the Dragon, got it together with Haunted Hause by the same publisher. Somewhat irritating adventure, but then, most adventures were a bit irritating back then...

-- Rolf
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hehe, I haven't managed yet to get out of the cell. Everytime I try to examine the environment I get nothing so I don't know what to use or say.

Then a guard comes... XD
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

That's the first irritating thing about this game. Believe me, as a beginner to adventures this was really frustrating. The guard comes after a game timer has expired. There is nothing you can do before it happens. Then, if I recall correctly, you obviously just "KILL GUARD" with your bare hands...

-- Rolf
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Thanks for the heads up Rob, once I have played around with the game and grabbed some screenshots I will add this game to CASA.

In the meantime I have added Pharoah's Curse to the Apex Trading Ltd page though not yet an entry for the game. (This game can be found on SnarkHunter disc ADVEN05B.vdk, there appears to be no cassette image available.)
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Thanks!

I saw you already added it to CASA, now let's see if I cna have some time to play it :mrgreen: