Bumpers - rom version for (multi-)cartridge

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
Rolo

Bumpers - rom version for (multi-)cartridge

Post by Rolo »

I converted Bumpers to a rom-file (16k) for cartridge use. It is working with any programmable cartridge available for Dragon computers, capable of storing 16k-roms, like multi-cartridge (v1.5).

Enjoy!
---------------------------------------
Bumpers (1983)(Mark Data Products).rom
cartridge version: Bumpers (Mark Data Products)
(16 KiB) Downloaded 178 times
Last edited by Rolo on Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pser1

Re: Bumpers - rom version for (multi-)cartridge

Post by pser1 »

Hello Rolo,
great job, I have downloaded both games and they work well in XRoar and are better by far than most of the stuff we have on the big EPROM.
Both are, clearly, in my preferred games-list waiting for the day I finally decide to burn one EPROM for your multi-cartridge v1.5.
I will transfer them to disk and then to my Dragon64. Once there, I will use a program to copy them to normal RAM, then pass to MAP1 and will copy BASIC and the game to the right area
This way I would be able to test the games in the range $C000-$FEFF (just as if they were in a ROM cartridge)
I will let you know the results

regards
pere
Rolo

Post by Rolo »

Hi Pere,

thanks, but do not put too much time in it. I'll get my eprom burner back on monday (that's why I have not tested yet) and I'll have to burn an Eprom anyway. So probably next monday, I'll know :D.
Hey, you could post a picture of your multi-pac setup, you wrote about in some thread.

Cheers,
Rolo
Rolo

Post by Rolo »

Hi Pere,

ok, I tested on real hardware: working, no problems 8-)

-Rolo
pser1

Post by pser1 »

good to know!
I had to go out for family reasons, and I spent the little time I had with the DOS driver for the WordPak80x24. Interesting and complicated one.
To do the tests I told you that I was planning to do, it's mandatory to convert the rom files into .bin so that they could be loaded in low RAM memory in the real Dragon.
This means the cartridge has to be loaded, but not started, in XRoar and then saved to a .cas and maybe later to an VDK. Then they have to be trasferred to a disk on the real Dragon.
regards
pere