Cascade Cassette 50 - Redone

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
Alastair

Re: Cascade Cassette 50 - Redone

Post by Alastair »

pser1 wrote:@Alastair
How did you get a so small zip with all these 50 games?
All I did was pad out the archive's existing .cas files of the cassette and zip the resulting .cas files: .cas files are naturally smaller than wave files.

Since I am not the one who created the original .cas files I can offer no assistance with any differences between the version I padded out and any Cassette 50 that you may possess.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hello everyone!

I finally managed to crack the mistery of Cascade's Cassette 50!

There are two versions of the tape, one from 1983 and another one from 1984. The 1984 version has some improved games compared to the 1983 one.

You can find the info here. That includes 100 screenshots (well, around 76 as there are games that are the same in both versions), scans of both tapes and perfect, verified dumps.

The version that was on the archive is incomplete (2 games missing), but the wiki page links the new, complete versions.

Thank you very much Alastair, and Pere for his scans and wave recordings! Thanks to you I managed to solve this mistery!
pser1

Post by pser1 »

thanks Rob,

you have created a very nice wiki page!
great job

cheers
pere
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

pser1 wrote:thanks Rob,

you have created a very nice wiki page!
great job
I concur with Pere, I'm just a little puzzled as to why you changed the title from "Cassette 50" to "50 Games".
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

It was the original title of the page on the wiki, but I'll change it so that 50 Games redirects to Cassette 50 so we don't get broken links.

Edit: Done! ;)