Tut's Tomb by Mark Data Products

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
zephyr

Tut's Tomb by Mark Data Products

Post by zephyr »

Tut's Tomb (1983) by Mark Data Products. Written by Rob Shaw and Ron Krebs. Converted for use on the Dragon 32/64 by Stephen J. Woolham.
L. Curtis Boyle wrote: Tut's Tomb is based on the arcade game Tutankham, although it has some differences (main one being that you 'jump' from screen to screen instead of having it scroll across). The game features some nice multi-voice music during both it's intro (which plays the Raiders of the Lost Ark theme) and also during the game when one gets treasure or completes a level. There are a total of 16 screens, 4 per level.

It should be noted that one of the authors, Ron Krebs, is the founder of Mark Data Products, and also single- handedly wrote the first 5 games for his company.
Tut's Tomb on YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0R_mICX10I

EDIT: Attachment removed.
Last edited by zephyr on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
zephyr

Re: Tut's Tomb by Mark Data Products

Post by zephyr »

Steve has released a slightly improved version.

EDIT: Attachment removed.
Last edited by zephyr on Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
daelectron

Post by daelectron »

If I type CLOADM (ENTER) in Xroar, this version (the most recent one) doesn't start. Do I need an extra command to get it going?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

It doesn't auto-run. You need to enter EXEC when its finished loading from (virtual) cassette.
daelectron

Post by daelectron »

Yeah, got it going - and well, awesome. This may be one of the best games I've played on the Dragon so far. I love the smooth-scrolling and the dexterity required. Only made it to screen four so far but this is a crime it wasn't actually officially converted.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Steve has released a slightly improved version.
Attachments
Tut's Tomb (1983)(Mark Data Products)[h].zip
(110.55 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

The attached version includes a small loader program which loads the game from cassette at high-speed. The game now loads on a real Dragon 32/64 in just 71 seconds (original loading time was 2 minutes and 30 seconds). It has been tested without problems on a real Dragon 32 and under XROAR Dragon 32/64 emulation.
Attachments
TUTSTOMB_QUICK_CASSETTE_LOAD.zip
(210.14 KiB) Downloaded 201 times