modified Tandy rom images (7)

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
Rolo

modified Tandy rom images (7)

Post by Rolo »

Part seven:

03-Dec-2013: I modified another Tandy few roms to make them fully Dragon compatible.
---------------------------
Tetris modDragon.rom
Tertis (16k)
(16 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
-16k rom-
Redefined all the keys. The game now works on Dragon like it is explained in the Tandy-manual (numbers, arrow keys, space, i(ncrease speed, l ,k, j(oystick), m(onitor), break, enter..) It's from 1987, really, quite early! On my Atari ST did not see it before 1989, I think.
Took me quite a while to understand the code.
There obviously is a problem with the emulation of keyboard driving in XRoar (Mac-version). Tetris works perfectly on real hardware. In XRoar, pressing keys shows all kinds of artifacts, bouncing, shadows. It's impossible to play that rom in XRoar. It fooled me quite a bit when I was looking at the running rom with the -trace option. You press one key and get five to ten different responses, which I could not explain. Those are produced by XRoar, I believe. Maybe somebody want's to have a look at this someday. It is the first rom, where I saw that, but it has a complete keyboard routine of it's own, not the usual kernel-one.
Arkanoid modDragon.rom
Arkanoid (16k)
(16 KiB) Downloaded 438 times
-16k rom-
I redefined the keys, too. Now setting the options is working like it's supposed to work, with the help of the arrow keys.
This game needs 64k of RAM.
Demon Attack modDragon.rom
Demon Attack modDragon (16k)
(16 KiB) Downloaded 440 times
-16k rom-
I redefined the keys:
1,2,3,4,5,6 - CoCo3 color settings, not important
P - pause
R - resume
Katerpillar modDragon.rom
Katerpillar (8K)
(4 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
Same rom, like in the Katerpillar-thread, where it is hidden on page 3. For convenience, here again on the right spot.
Those four games are great games, worth checking out! And finally they can be played regularly on Dragon computers. :)
Last edited by Rolo on Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rink

Re: modified Tandy rom images (7)

Post by Rink »

Nice one mate.

You're spoiling us now - you must have doubled the Dragon's game collection lately. :D
Rolo

Re: modified Tandy rom images (7)

Post by Rolo »

Thanks, Rink!
I hope you've reprogrammed the roms on your multi-cart in the meantime. Now there are better games, than those I initially put on yours :D .