Pipe Frenzy and Tunnel Jumper by Jim Gerrie

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
jgerrie

Re: Pipe Frenzy and Tunnel Jumper by Jim Gerrie

Post by jgerrie »

Here's an upload in dragon format of my latest programming efforts for the CocoCoding 2013 contest. It's a simulation of the Scrabble. For instructions, see my Blog:
http://jimgerrie.blogspot.ca/2013/03/sc ... -beta.html
Feedback on it and Pipe Frenzy and Tunnel Jumper are most welcome.
Last edited by jgerrie on Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgerrie

Re: Pipe Frenzy and Tunnel Jumper by Jim Gerrie

Post by jgerrie »

I couldn't stop fiddling with the Scrabble program. Made some changes to the way it searches its word database so that it just keeps cycling through suggestions until it finishes the dictionary, instead of just making 5 suggestions and stopping. Now when it gets to the end of the list it also prints a list of the 5 longest words it has found. You can of course, still stop the search any time by hitting a key. I also edited the dictionary to take out some lingering proper nouns and added some two letter words useful in Scrabble. I added a single person play option so one can play "scrabble solitaire." Few minor cosmetic changes regarding screen cleanup at the end of the game.
Attachments
scrabble.cas
Updated version.
(18.75 KiB) Downloaded 161 times