Katerpillar Attack Cartridge for the Tandy CoCo

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
Rolo

Re: Katerpillar Attack Cartridge for the Tandy CoCo

Post by Rolo »

Hi Pere,
and there are a few programs that use or need just the upper bank, but no different rom, like the above mentioned "DupliDisk" or the one I've just been working on: "Arkanoid". Or "Soko-Ban" and probably some more.
What is the serial number of your D32? When did they solder in sockets?
Mine is #019193 and pretty old, because it still had that small extra memory board to expand it from 16k to 32k.
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Rolo,
I have one D32 older than yours, but the other is newer (according to the serials).
The lower one works perfect without changing any chip along the 64K, this one has serial number 064651.
The other (newer), doesn't work properly with the upper 32k, this one has serial number 318986.
You will see in the photos that both have the two ROMs socketed (IC17 and IC18).
pere
Attachments
This D32 didn't work properly in 64K
This D32 didn't work properly in 64K
P1030372.JPG (3.15 MiB) Viewed 3336 times
Dragon 32 modified to work with the inside 64k
Dragon 32 modified to work with the inside 64k
P1030368.JPG (3.23 MiB) Viewed 3336 times
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Rolo,
I missread the serial number of your machine, both mine are OLDER!!
By the way, is there any way to upload pictures to be seen in the message without having to scroll that much?
thnaks
Pere
pser1

Post by pser1 »

I see that my english improves a bit with every message I write!
Just to state clearly that my machines have greater serial numbers than yours so they cannot be "older" . . .
thanks
Pere
Rolo

Post by Rolo »

By the way, is there any way to upload pictures to be seen in the message without having to scroll that much?
That is something I would like to know too! But I fear, the only way is to reduce the pictures' resolution. The notation of the web page (i.e. "pict.jpg|200px") doesn't work here.

Funny, old machines have everything soldered in, newer ones have sockets. Normally it's the other way round.