Death Mines Of Sirus (Phoenix)

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
daelectron

Death Mines Of Sirus (Phoenix)

Post by daelectron »

As far as I can see, the version of this in the archive is missing the third part of the adveture.

Part 1. Death Mines of Sirus ACTION
Part 2. Death Mines of Sirus ADVENTURE PART 1
Part 3. Death Mines of Sirus ADVENTURE PART 2

It seems as if Part 1 doesn't work on xRoar. However, if you use the .CAS version of Part 1, and the .WAVs from here for the adventure bits, then you have the whole game.

http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/Death_Mines_Of_Sirus.zip

Perhaps someone can make a WAV of the working version of the CAS file already in the Dragon Archive, then convert Parts 2 and 3 from here to .CAS format and give us a complete version.
Attachments
Part 3
Part 3
Death_Mines_Of_Sirus_002.jpg (404.95 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Part 2
Part 2
Death_Mines_Of_Sirus_001.jpg (409.1 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Part 1
Part 1
Death_Mines_Of_Sirus_000.jpg (438.96 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Death Mines of Sirus Front Cover
Death Mines of Sirus Front Cover
Death_Mines_Of_Sirus_000.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 2197 times
robcfg

Re: Death Mines Of Sirus (Phoenix)

Post by robcfg »

Thank you again for these wonderful dumps and scans!

I'll be on holidays till the 2nd of january, so I won't be able to upload your dumps to the Archive until then, sorry.

I'd like to wish everyone Merry christmas and a Happy New Year!

That is, if the world doesn't end... :mrgreen:
Alastair

Re: Death Mines Of Sirus (Phoenix)

Post by Alastair »

daelectron wrote:It seems as if Part 1 doesn't work on xRoar. However, if you use the .CAS version of Part 1, and the .WAVs from here for the adventure bits, then you have the whole game.
It does but it's another instance where you need to start XRoar with the -no-tape-fast option. I think the first part may use the skip block form of copy protection which is why XRoar in fast tape mode has a problem with it. This skip block copy protection also means that it is rather more difficult to create a "true" .CAS file of Part 1. Does anyone know if the .CAS file in the archive takes this into account?