crazy foota 3 by orange

Use this forum to submit new files for the download section of the archive. I will check each submission and upload it to the archive on a regular basis.
drmarkb

crazy foota 3 by orange

Post by drmarkb »

I got round to copying this game, which is apparently missing from the archives. It is in wav form, and like my last submission (in the dragon general forum) directly recorded from a very old cassette recorder. I did use a number of other cassette playing machines to see if I could improve the quality- they all sounded better to the ear but when copied back to tape failed to load. So I went back to the cassette recorder. I made a new tape from the wav and it loaded fine into a real dragon 64. It will probably need cleaninging and the left side noise removed as last time in order for it to be loaded into XROAR (since I do not use XROAR I cannot check it.......)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9nu9el

I can provide images of the packaging if people want, but it is the usual orange software style- copy of the instructions you get on screen, cloadm to load etc
It is coco compatable according to the label...........
The game, FWIW, is not really very good for it's time, although the music is rather nice. If it were an early release circa 1982 it would probably been lauded as splendid, but post Shocktrooper, Mandragore et al it has a hard time looking good. I have no idea if the game is related to crazy foota 2, as that is by a different company. It certainly is not indoor football.
pser1

Re: crazy foota 3 by orange

Post by pser1 »

Hello,
it is saved twice in the wav you included.
Finally got it loaded on XRoar and made this cas file.
Just to preserve as much information as possible, it would be great to upload a scan image of manual, inlay, cassette, whatever comes in the case!
thanks a lot for sharing it
regards
pere
Attachments
CrazyFoota3.CAS
Cas File
(19.46 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

It is indeed saved twice- this represents one side of the cassette- two copies on one side. I was going to do all four copies but thought better of it.

I will get some images of the inlay to go with it, although I do not have a scanner anymore.

I will go through the uploads part of the forum and cross ref with the archive document to see what else I have that is incomplete/underdumped. Project for my next holidays.....)
I will check here first before recording anything. Would not want to have extra copies of Adventure Trilogy kicking about..... ;)
pser1

Post by pser1 »

I am not sure, but sometimes they put on one side the Dragon version and the CoCo one on the other side ... maybe this could be the case.
Despite the cleaned WAV loaded perfectly on XRoar emulating Dragon, it crashed on CoCo emulation.
regards
pere
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello,
don't worry about the scanner, maybe you could make some photos with a digital camera or even with the mobile phone!
Just upload the files of the fotos ...
thanks
pere
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

My thoughts exactly, but I tried the second side and it works on the dragon too. The Lucifer's Kingdom game definitely has a large white sticker proclaiming it works on the co-co- this one does not- just the inlay card saying dragon/co-co and the side of the tape.....

I will get some photos when I get back, and upload them sunday/monday.......