WTB Dragon and game carts

A forum for members to offer for sale any Dragon related items to other members. DO NOT POST LINKS TO AUCTIONS. I will use this forum in the future to offer all my spare games to members of this site before they go on e-bay.
lucifershalo

WTB Dragon and game carts

Post by lucifershalo »

Hello,
I am looking for a Dragon preferably 64, but 32 can be considered
and game carts
nothing has to be boxed
but has to work

thanks
ady1927

Re: WTB Dragon and game carts

Post by ady1927 »

I am also looking for a Dragon 32. Trying to relive my childhood in a fit of mid thirties crisis. I loved that machine.

If anyone can help, please reply.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I think that ebay or similar is probably your best bet unless you want to buy a never used Tano Dragon (a Dragon 64 for the US market) from http://www.cadigital.com/computer.htm. However, if you do try the latter route you have to include p&p (~ $90), plus you will also need to find a UK power supply and have a means of connecting the Dragon's composite video monitor socket to a TV (unless your TV can accept an NTSC signal).

Now regarding Dragon 64s and cartridges, I'm no expert on this and stand to be corrected but I believe that a Dragon 64 in Dragon 64 mode cannot use the cartridge port so if you are interested in cartridge games only then there is little point in getting a D64. Where a D64 can use the cartridge port (apart from in Dragon 32 mode) is when you use disc operating systems such as OS9 and Flex, these OSes map the Dragon's memory so that you can utilise all of the RAM whilst still having use of the floppy drive(s) (which attach via a cart).
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

I already have one Dragon 64 and two Dragon 32's, but I have now contacted cadigital to try to order an additional Tano Dragon 64. I think the GrandTec device described here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=518 should be able to convert NTSC to VGA. I will keep you posted.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I bought recently one of the Tanos from California Digital and it all went fantastic!

It's just amazing to have a brand new Dragon at home, hehe :mrgreen:
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

geirhovland wrote:I already have one Dragon 64 and two Dragon 32's, but I have now contacted cadigital to try to order an additional Tano Dragon 64. I think the GrandTec device described here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=518 should be able to convert NTSC to VGA. I will keep you posted.
Let me know how this works out. I might also be interested in a brand new Dragon :D

-- Rolf
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

Mine is payed and on it's way. Cadigital has plenty of brand new Tano Dragon 64's left - more than 100. I will post some photos and compare the boards between the old and the new when it arrives.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

geirhovland wrote:I will post some photos and compare the boards between the old and the new when it arrives.
We already have pictures! See http://archive.worldofdragon.org/index. ... d_Pictures.
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

Thank you - I was not aware of that page with the motherboard pictures. I think I will open up the Tano anyway and have a look inside when it arrives - I am not worried about breaching the warranty ;)
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi!

If you'd like to keep your seals, just use some lighter fuel on them, they'll go off easily and when dry, you can put them again in its original place.

When I have a little time, I'll open my Tano to check the board.