Looking for a data cassette player - advice needed

A forum for members to offer for sale any Dragon related items to other members. DO NOT POST LINKS TO AUCTIONS. I will use this forum in the future to offer all my spare games to members of this site before they go on e-bay.
Gareth_O'Flaherty

Looking for a data cassette player - advice needed

Post by Gareth_O'Flaherty »

Greetings fellow Dragonauts!
I have been having great fun playing games I remember from my childhood on XRoar, but I would like to start playing some cassette based games on the Dragon 32 I bought on FeeBay :) before Christmas.
Can anyone recommend any new cassette players that are suitable for hooking up to the Dragon and where to buy them? I think Argos sells a cassette player, I wonder is it suitable?
Failing that, does anyone know of anyone selling one for a reasonable price? I had a look on FeeBay last night and couldn't see any for sale.
Thanks,
Gareth.
Got my first Dragon 32 in 1983 (where does the time go??).
zephyr

Re: Looking for a data cassette player - advice needed

Post by zephyr »

I can't guarantee that it will be suitable, but here's a brand new Sony cassette recorder for £31.95.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SONY-TCM939-S ... 2a28d2c9dd

http://www.cloud9tech.com/ are selling the excellent Radio Shack CCR-83 for only $10 + shipping. It will be the 120v US model, but you could use a mains adapter, or swap the internal transformer for a suitable 240v unit.
Gareth_O'Flaherty

Thanks for the links Zephyr. The Radio Shack CCR-83 looks ideal.
Gareth.
Gareth_O'Flaherty

Holy cow! P and P for the cassette player from cloud9tech is five times the cost of the player! I'll have to give it a pass.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I think that $60 USD (about £38.70) is quite a reasonable price for a CoCo/Dragon compatible cassette recorder.