Difficulty with UPLOADING SECTION - please confirm

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Cloete

Difficulty with UPLOADING SECTION - please confirm

Post by Cloete »

Hi.
My previous stuff uploaded wothout problems.
I am currently having no success in uploading my stuff - the system just keeps showing that spinning arrow and eventually defaults to a new blank upload screen. Is it perhaps a system issue or could it be on my side?
I am trying to upload 3 programs seperately (5MB, 6MB and 9MB). All have been compressed as required. Also all 3 are ex-Basic, now Sprint compiled programs - wonder if that could play a role?
Cheers Cloete
robcfg

Re: Difficulty with UPLOADING SECTION - please confirm

Post by robcfg »

I usually cannot upload anything beyond 2mb.

I have already talk about this a couple of times, but I don't know how it can be solved. Maybe upload it to dropbox or similar service and post the link.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Cloete wrote:Hi.
My previous stuff uploaded wothout problems.
I am currently having no success in uploading my stuff - the system just keeps showing that spinning arrow and eventually defaults to a new blank upload screen. Is it perhaps a system issue or could it be on my side?
I am trying to upload 3 programs seperately (5MB, 6MB and 9MB). All have been compressed as required. Also all 3 are ex-Basic, now Sprint compiled programs - wonder if that could play a role?
Cheers Cloete
The easiest way round this is to convert your .WAV files to .CAS format with XROAR, DCWIN, or one of the attached DOS utilities.
Attachments
CASIN_AND_DCDOS.zip
(22.63 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
Cloete

Post by Cloete »

Hmmm.. ok.. should I have an XROAR up and running to get the CAS converter working? Sorry - but I'm in the dark here - when I double click on the DC.EXE or CAS.EXE then nothing special happens. Sorry for irritating some of you,but pls tell me how the CAS conversion should be done. I have limited access (time) to the internet / DragonForum / so I can only touch-and-go most of the times.
I work on a real Dragon 32K and my XROAR hasn't roared once. I will allow myself to tinker with the XROAR as from October this year once my final JAVA exams are over and done. Until then, I will work with my Dragon as time permits. But please someone gimme some advice here.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Cloete what operating system do you have? If you prefer using a Windows interface you could try this converter. You would need to have .NET 3.5 installed and the WAV file will need to be 8-bit for that version. On the other hand, if you can run it but need the 16-bit feature then I could hurry-up and upload the version that has it!
Last edited by Sarah on Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

DC.exe and CAS.exe are both command line programs where you have to type in the name of the file you wish to convert as well as any optional switches, e.g., from the command line in the directory where both dc.exe and program.wav reside you could type DC PROGRAM.WAV to convert program.wav into a .CAS file.

As DC.exe and CAS.exe are also DOS programs they cannot handle long file names for this reason I would suggest using DCWIN (if you have .NET installed) or XRoar to convert files.
Cloete

Post by Cloete »

Thanks everyone.
Sarah, I wll start with your 8 bit Windows-based converter.
I will resave my porgrams in 8bit WAV.
Hopefully I would be able to upload CAS converted program by Monday morning. Hope it works. Have a good weekend.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Cloete wrote:I work on a real Dragon 32K and my XROAR hasn't roared once.
Here is a copy of XROAR ready to go with D32/64 ROMs and batch files with all the settings you will need to get you started. All you need to do is unzip the XROAR folder and its contents to your hard drive.

Regards,
Steve

EDIT: Xroar zip archive updated on the 14th October, 2012, at 4:40 pm. Replaced the buggy 0.28.1 version with the latest XROAR snapshot (snap-20120922) release.
Attachments
xroar.zip
(1014.67 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Last edited by zephyr on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cloete

Post by Cloete »

Thanks Steve. I will give it a go.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Here are the instructions for converting .WAV to .CAS via XROAR. Use "Dragon64_NO_DOS_TAPEFIX" and follow the instructions below.
Press Ctrl+L to attach the .WAV file you want to convert, then Ctrl+W to specifiy a .CAS file to write to. Enter CLOAD or CLOADM and XRoar will write out a .CAS copy as it loads from the .WAV file.
Tip: Press and hold F12 while the emulated Dragon 64 is loading to speed up the conversion process.