Manic Miner problem on XRoar

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Re: Manic Miner problem on XRoar

Post by zephyr »

robcfg wrote:And the last zephyr version works with my standard 0.27 setup... :?
That's because its your original dump with some slight modifications. :D It looks 100% authentic, and you can even tap in the correct colour codes and the game will start as normal. But entering the correct codes is no longer necessary. Just tap in whatever you like twice and the game will start normally. The code that checks for the presence of a cartridge has also been bypassed so you can play the game with ALLDREAM (or any other) cartridge present.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Great!

Then I'll put both in the uploads section, and add them to the wiki page when they're uploaded.

I'll be also uploading the 300dpi scans during the day.

Thank you very much!

Btw, isn't it interesting to see that drm and copy protection system have been useless, and only damage the legitimate user since 30 years?
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

You're doing a fantastic job with these cassette dumps. 8-) Will you be uploading dumps of Android Invaders or the Sprint BASIC Compiler?

Regards,
Steve
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

zephyr wrote:Will you be uploading dumps of Android Invaders or the Sprint BASIC Compiler?
I don't recall Android Invaders but can help with your other request!

Unfortunately I entrusted the original instruction manual to someone that never returned it, although IIRC eventually acquired a photocopy replacement from somewhere or other. Not sure where that's got to now though...
Attachments
SPRINT.rar
Sprint BASIC Compiler by Oasis Software
(10.47 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks Sarah! :) This one is missing from the archive.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I tried it but can't seem to get it to work properly even with the simplest program. Tested it under T3 1.01 and XROAR 0.28. When run, it loads some M/C, asks for the program tape (I'm assuming its asking for the BASIC program to be compiled at this point) and then just seems to freeze after loading the BASIC program. Pressing a key returns with a "TAPE FAILURE" error.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Just had a quick look... the CAS is error free however I think it needs splitting to avoid ?FM ERROR IN 21 as the compiler does a CLOADM after the SPRINT tape is re-inserted, without specifying the filename it wants to load. It seems to be quite fragile, too... if line 21 is edited to add the filename "LINKER" this results in an ?OM ERROR instead, lol!

Although I don't remember much about how to use it, please be aware that you should RENUM 0,,1 your BASIC program and save it with the ASCII option! e.g. CSAVE"HELLOWRD",A
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Here you go... the same CAS split into separate compiler and linker sections... together with a HELLO WORLD that I successfully compiled to test it!

Code: Select all

0 PRINT"HELLO WORLD"
1 GOTO 0
Attachments
hello world.rar
Hello World (compiled)
(3.78 KiB) Downloaded 217 times
sprint.rar
Sprint BASIC Compiler by Oasis Software (split)
(10.61 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Thanks! :) It works perfectly under T3, but for some reason it always fails to compile under the latest XROAR 0.28.