A fun demo for the Dragon?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
zephyr

Re: A fun demo for the Dragon?

Post by zephyr »

tjewell wrote:It's quite addictive, this retro programming isn't it? :)
...and FUN! :) Hope to see more programs from you in the future.

Regards,
Steve
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

tjewell wrote:(apologies if this has been asked before)

Well, my Dragon 64 is now sitting in the corner of the office, all wired up and nothing to do. I'd love it to be running some sort demo that makes people go "ooh, what's that?" when they come to see me. Perhaps something 3D and spinning, or pretty swirly colours - or even a game that has a good demo mode. Anyone know anything fun my Dragon could do while it's sitting there?

Thanks! Tony.
What about this for your office?
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Oh, that's quite wonderful! I've got it up and running right now. I've taken the tape monitor output of the office Hi-Fi and wired it into the Dragon, so now everything I play gets shown on the Spectrum Analyser. What's even more wonderful is that it really works - I've got a synthesiser here, so I can test some clean frequencies, and it's graphing them properly (a slight lag, but quite forgiveable). Thanks for pointing me at it!

A quick question for all you DOS experts. I'd love to save this program down to my new floppy drive emulator, but I still haven't quite got my head round how to do this. How would I save this program so I can run it off disk, rather than have to load it via tape (well, my phone) each time?

Cheers, Tony
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

tjewell wrote:A quick question for all you DOS experts. I'd love to save this program down to my new floppy drive emulator, but I still haven't quite got my head round how to do this. How would I save this program so I can run it off disk, rather than have to load it via tape (well, my phone) each time?
Load from cassette, and save to floppy disk with: SAVE"ASA",12247,14024,12247

Instructions and a couple of handy utilities (PeekBIN/PeekCAS) for copying machine code programs are here. And a copy of the DragonDOS manual in the archive DOWNLOADS section.

Regards,
Steve
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

I have uploaded a copy of the Audio Spectrum Analyzer on DragonDOS virtual floppy disk.
shicky256

Post by shicky256 »

Bump!
I found this on the interwebs, so it's not mine.
http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/demo/#nyan
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

shicky256 wrote:Bump!
I found this on the interwebs, so it's not mine.
http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/demo/#nyan
The Nyan Cat demo was written in 2011, by our very own Mr Ciaran Anscomb (sixxie). Author of the well known XROAR CoCo/Dragon emulator.