XRoar for macosx

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

XRoar for macosx

Post by sixxie »

So my other half has finally decided she won't need her old macbook air again which means I've been able to stick all the homebrew stuff on it necessary to fix the macosx build of XRoar.

The public 'dev' branch of the git repo contains the fixes for now (branch subject to rebasing/replacing at the drop of a hat - don't rely on it!), and I've uploaded a snapshot DMG here:

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/xroar/

Requires SDL1.2, libsndfile and libsamplerate. Oh, and autoconf, automake, and seemingly a more modern 'm4' than they distribute with macosx? That last one was a surprise - how much can m4 possibly be changing?

Configure with "--without-sdl2" to be sure. SDL2 migration is another matter entirely, and I don't have the time to work on that...

..ciaran
sixxie

Re: XRoar for macosx

Post by sixxie »

So, an update.

I seem to have managed to migrate the macosx support to using SDL2, including keyboard translation (the annoying bit), and fixed up a few niggles I noticed.

The DMG image now available at that URL is a snapshot build of the current stable release updated for Mac OS X. If any mac users can confirm it seems ok to them, I'll push it out "for real".
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hi Ciaran,

I downloaded Xroar-snap-2019-22058.dmg from http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/xroar/ , and when I try to open it, I get the following error:
The Following disk Images couldn't be opened

Image Reason
Xroar-snap-2019-22058.dmg no mountable file systems
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Sounds like a fantastic reason to just make it a zip file... I’ll replace it when I get back home.

Edit: Well that's weird - I can re-download that and it opens just fine for me.

I'll change the build script so it makes a zip anyway...

Edit: done - zip uploaded

More edit: ok, whoops, looks like I'm still packaging the old SDL1.2 library with it... un moment...

More more edit: annnnd that at least looks better
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

I can confirm it's working like a dream on my Mojave based Air, thanks Ciaran!
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

tjewell wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:51 am I can confirm it's working like a dream on my Mojave based Air, thanks Ciaran!
Cool! Thanks for testing.

In that case, I've tidied up some of the last obvious niggles (missing or non-working menu options, mostly), and done a proper release.

http://www.6809.org.uk/xroar/