Dragon Meetup 2019

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sorchard

Re: Dragon Meetup 2019

Post by sorchard »

dlinsley wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:20 pm Is anyone going to the meetup from the Norwich area?
I live in Norwich. Happy to offer a lift Norwich-Cambridge in either/both directions.
Stew
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

sorchard wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:42 pm I live in Norwich. Happy to offer a lift Norwich-Cambridge in either/both directions.
Thanks! I'll send you a PM.
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

Does anyone who is going have the capability to blow an EPROM with Pere's DosPlus (v25.08) that supports Drivewire? I'd love to buy a 27128 from you.

With my existing DOS controller I believe I can use Tormod's patched BASIC EPROM with the FLO2V DWEEB to copy floppies to VDKs on my PC, but it would be nice to have the full Drivewire support available. I tend to use my Cumana controller, with DosPlus 4.9 + DosDream, so already have a 16k capable controller.

Cheers,
David.
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

I can do that for you - I think I've got some spare EPROMs somewhere, and if not, there's still time to get some before the event! I'll check when I'm in the office tomorrow.

Cheers, Tony
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

sorchard wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 4:42 pm
dlinsley wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:20 pm Is anyone going to the meetup from the Norwich area?
I live in Norwich. Happy to offer a lift Norwich-Cambridge in either/both directions.
I think I've been looking at your D32 MKII schematic on Github Stew. If so, I've raised an issue on it, as think the RAS resistors coming out of the SAM are transposed.
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

dlinsley wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:06 am Thanks! I'll send you a PM.
Just to let you know I've sent a reply to your email address, as it may end up in the junk folder.

dublevay wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:57 pm I think I've been looking at your D32 MKII schematic on Github Stew. If so, I've raised an issue on it, as think the RAS resistors coming out of the SAM are transposed.
Many thanks for letting me know. Now fixed.
Stew
dublevay

Post by dublevay »

Thanks Stew - I did get the response. Great job with that schematic by the way - and the annotations are really helpful. I had a devil of a job getting it to load into KiCad to start with though - the library didn't seem to want to behave, and the conversion (to KiCad 5 I presume) just kept throwing warnings, and then the schematic was just full of boxes. Got there in the end, by fair means or foul - which means I'd have no idea how to repeat it! LOL.
dlinsley

Post by dlinsley »

I should have followed up sooner, but any luck Tony?

BTW is Duncan coming this year? Wondering if I must pack my well worn Inside the Dragon, or leave it preserved at home :)
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

I have a 27128 here with your name on it David :) It's on my list of things to do before next weekend (a list that keeps on growing!!). Unless my 27128 is actually dodgy, it should be a quick job - I'll try and get it done in the next couple days, so I have time to order a spare in case it fails.

Sadly, Duncan's not coming - Aberdeen's quite a way to come - a shame, as I wouldn't mind an autograph on my Liberator too!
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

It's nearly Meetup time! A few notes for those of you who haven't been before.

The museum can be a bit tricky to find - if you find yourself driving into a scruffy industrial estate and thinking "surely it can't be down here?", well it is! Just look out for the signs.

The museum opens to the public at 10am, but I should be there from around 9am. There's plenty of free parking available that early.

It's 'Big Day Out' in Cambridge this weekend, so traffic might be even worse that usual. Avoid routes that cross the centre of town. You can also walk from the station, although it's not a very scenic walk if you're looking for historic Cambridge. It's a bit of a trek.

We can supply both LCD and CRT composite monitors, so no need to bring screens if you're trying to travel light.

We can also supply extra Dragon 32s if you want to demo more than one thing, but no D64s.

We normally go for a beer after the event, at one of the pubs near the station (either the Station Tavern, Old Ticket Office or the Devonshire arms, and sometimes all three). Big Day Out might mean the pubs are busier than usual, but I'm sure we'll be fine.

Anyone arriving on Friday night? Maybe we can get a quick pre-Meetup beer in too!