Dragon Meetup 2019

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
tjewell

Dragon Meetup 2019

Post by tjewell »

Okay, I know this is a little early notice, but slots were filling up at the museum, so I just grabbed us a date!

This year, we'll have the meetup on July 6th - I hope that's okay for everyone.

I think there'd plenty of new stuff to show - John Whitworth will probably have cloned every single expansion card released for the Dragon by then, and Pere Serrat will probably have ported almost every known game. I'm sure I'll have things to demo by then too - a deadline will focus the mind!

As ever, it doesn't matter if you don't have anything new to show off either. There will be lots of Dragon related conversation, a chance to go and explore behind the scenes at the museum and definitely plenty of beer afterwards!

I've posted this on Facebook too - there's been a good response. I hope many of you who are just on the forum can make it too!

Cheers,
Tony
tjewell

Re: Dragon Meetup 2019

Post by tjewell »

Hi all! Just getting the publicity engine warmed up for this year's Meetup :) - There's an event page at the Museum now, would everyone involved (or who would like to be involved) give it a once over for typos, errors etc before I put it on Facebook and Twitter too. Also, anyone like to add anything? Anyone bringing something we haven't seen before? Anyone like some table space who hasn't exhibited before? Let me know!

Also, can those of you who aren't regularly on Facebook let me know who's coming? Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple months!

http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/ ... -6th-2019/
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Hi Tony,

The event page looks good to me, though I did notice something in the first line after the description: 'come come' :)

I will be attending.
Stew
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

Ha, you're the only person who spotted it! Thanks, I've fixed that. See you in July!

Cheers,
Tony
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

I'll also be attending Tony, hopefully with a GMC cart and a demo build of my Dragon game project.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Hello everyone!

I can finally confirm that I'll be attending the meetup this year too :mrgreen:

Looking forward to see you there!
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

That's great news Rob. :)

Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

It'll be great to see you Rob - and everyone else too, of course!
dlinsley

Anyone going from around Norwich?

Post by dlinsley »

Is anyone going to the meetup from the Norwich area? I'll be in Cromer for the week leading up and then going back to Norwich afterwards, and would love to carpool.
unumlapis

Post by unumlapis »

Attending as well and lookng forward to see the various old Dragon computers including what has been released of hardware add-ons and modifications.