Sick Dragon 32

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
prime

Re: Sick Dragon 32

Post by prime »

Vyper68 wrote: This issue 2 is really early too the date code for the chips are week 44 1982 there are only 8 OKI chips as well.
That sounds like one of the boards using "half good" 64K chips. Those are the easiest boards to upgrade to 64K.

Cheers.

Phill.
Vyper68

Post by Vyper68 »

prime wrote:
Vyper68 wrote: This issue 2 is really early too the date code for the chips are week 44 1982 there are only 8 OKI chips as well.
That sounds like one of the boards using "half good" 64K chips. Those are the easiest boards to upgrade to 64K.

Cheers.

Phill.
Nice... Anyone got a link for the project please.

Richie.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Vyper68

Post by Vyper68 »

Vyper68 wrote:
prime wrote:

Cheers.

Phill.
Nice... Anyone got a link for the project please.

Richie.
OK found it in the archive just need to read up on it now.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
Vyper68

Post by Vyper68 »

Well i have replaced IC11, fitted a new LM1889N, replaced all the Electrolytic caps on the Power Board and CPU Board, I have replaced the Tantalum capacitors on the board, replaced RV1, replaced C7, replaced the Ceramic Caps on the Chroma output feed just in case. I swapped out the SAM and it wasn't that either. Nothing has made any difference to the output. Somehow the Chroma feed from the LM1889N is not getting outputted properly. I don't have all the kit to help find the exact fault and i have tried a belt and braces approach which in this case has sadly failed. If there is anyone who can offer another suggestion i would be grateful.
I don't want to throw anymore money at this if i cannot fix it and am reluctant to cough for a VDG unless i know it was the definitely the problem.

If anyone can repair D32's i would gladly like to talk to them.
sardine

Post by sardine »

TheCorfiot on Amibay is a coco/Dragon expert

contact him there he will repair the D32 and also offer 64k upgrade and he can install custom roms and a pcb so you can switch from coco 2 to D32 (with 64k) with keyboard matrix fix.

he also was working on an RGB board for the D32 so he should know how to resolve your issue.

Prime on here knows him very well they both worked (i believe) on the Dragon MMC in some part.
Vyper68

Post by Vyper68 »

OK
I will see if can contact him on Amibay and get some help, thanks.
prime

Post by prime »

sardine wrote: he also was working on an RGB board for the D32 so he should know how to resolve your issue.
I was actually the one developing the RGB borard, though Bas was beta testing. Project was shelved as couldn't get it to work to my satisfaction, and board was a bugger to assemble.
Prime on here knows him very well they both worked (i believe) on the Dragon MMC in some part.
Yes he and Richard Harding did extensive testing and helped development.

Cheers.

Phill.