Unreadable tapes ...

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
pser1

Re: Unreadable tapes ...

Post by pser1 »

great work, Roberto Carlos!
Thanks a lot!
I will give them a try along the weekend.

cheers
pere
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Roberto Carlos,
by now I cannot access my Dragon ...
But I have tried to load the cas file you have uploaded into XRoar and issuing SKIPF commands it just finds
the second file: FARMD2 but it seems that the header of the first one (FARMD1) is not recognised
Then I have remembered that XRoar has a nice option ... REWRITE and so I have loaded in turn each of the two WAV files I recorded
and asked XRoar to create CAS files, then creating .WAV files (at 9600 Hz by default)
As a last test, I have used Ciaran's CAS2WAV converter to get WAV files at 44100Hz
All these outputs (cas and both types of wav) can be processed on XRoar but just with the SKIPF command
I upload here all them on a zip file
cheers
pere
FarmFax Data Files.ZIP
(22.87 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I just finished the second tape.

On my XRoar installation, both files do skipf both files in each tape.

By the way, I've checked your files and mine and they have the same content, so we have them 100% correctly dumped.

Cheers,
Rob
Attachments
TAPEFF-SideB.cas
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Roberto Carlos,
I have found the reason for this different behaviour.
When using parameter -tape-fast it finds both files but if you use -no-tape-fast to emulate real tape, then the first file is not detected!
Looking at the contents of the files, the headers on your cas files are shorter than the ones that XRoar generates automatically, so most
probably it is not long enough to be read.
If you compare with the ones that I have uploaded (created by XRoar), you will see that the header is way much longer!
Well, now I have to test them on the real hardware. Will tell you how it goes.
Thanks a lot!
cheers
pere
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello,
I have been trying the WAV files (9600 and 44100) output by XRoar bu the TRAINER cartridge
does not load any of them.
Maybe these recordings were done by another program with a different record stucture ... will forget about them
thanks
pere