Juxtaposition - CoCo and/or NTSC

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Juxtaposition - CoCo and/or NTSC

Post by sixxie »

Last week's CoCoTALK - while primarily focussing on launching D. Bruce Moore's "Forest of Doom" game (CoCo only, at least for now) - had a brief aside where people reminisced about the old adventure games they played. Being highly CoCo-centric, it became obvious they'd never have played Juxtaposition!

As the adventure game I have the best memories of, I thought they needed the opportunity to play it, so here it is - Wintersoft's original repackaged with a new loader and auto-patcher.

It'll still work on a Dragon, but if a CoCo is detected, the keyboard & tape routines are patched in-place to work on that machine. If NTSC is detected (including Tano), the time between "Time passes..." is corrected for to make it more fair (otherwise NTSC machines would demand more attention from you!). And of course, loading time is much reduced.

Hopefully this means more people will get to play John F. Humphreys' (any relation, you think?) masterpiece.
Attachments
Juxtaposition (1985)(Wintersoft)[m coco].zip
(139.17 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
pser1

Re: Juxtaposition - CoCo and/or NTSC

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
thanks a lot for sharing that port!
cheers
pere
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

... Great idea! and such a nice game, too.

To anyone who enjoyed/enjoys/will enjoy playing it, I can onbly recommend reading the trilogy of novels that it was loosely based on, ie. the "Blue Adept" trilogy by Piers Anthony (Blue Adept / Split Infinity / Juxtaposition).
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

snarkhunter wrote: To anyone who enjoyed/enjoys/will enjoy playing it, I can onbly recommend reading the trilogy of novels that it was loosely based on, ie. the "Blue Adept" trilogy by Piers Anthony (Blue Adept / Split Infinity / Juxtaposition).
No kindle versions - boo!

(Does look very loosely based, according to the synopsis though!)
snarkhunter

Post by snarkhunter »

sixxie wrote:(Does look very loosely based, according to the synopsis though!)
... This is what I would call an understatement!
But still worth reading, anyway.