xroar keyboard mapping for windows 7

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Re: xroar keyboard mapping for windows 7

Post by sixxie »

Ok I think the implication seems to be that AltGr is actually represented as Control+RightAlt in Windows, so this is perhaps all normal. This means the code I'm using to get key translations is also wrong, as it was only "pressing" Alt when asking Windows for the translated value.

I've uploaded a new snapshot 2017-40605 - maybe better luck this time! This also contains some code from stackoverflow to do something with a console - which I'll probably have to remove or make optional depending on what it does (nothing under Wine).
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Ciaran,
I have downloaded it and the difference is another window that apperars on starting up as a debug window ...
But I cannot figure how to get the @ sign without changing to 'native keyboard using the Ctrl+Z switch
Any hint will be appreciated
Thanks
pere

EDIT. I forgot to say that now AltGr+Q produces a Q on the screen instead of closing XRoar
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Ok, I hijacked a general purpose Windows machine and spent my lunchtime hacking. I think I've got a fix, so will push out snapshots once I get home to where all the support libraries are up to date.

In case you're wondering: when asking Windows what symbol a key generates with various meta keys held using ToUnicode, you not only need to set the specific meta key state (e.g., VK_RMENU and VK_LCONTROL), but the side-agnostic version of it too (VK_MENU and VK_CONTROL), else you get nowt.
pser1

Post by pser1 »

sixxie wrote:Ok, I hijacked a general purpose Windows machine and spent my lunchtime hacking. I think I've got a fix, so will push out snapshots once I get home to where all the support libraries are up to date.
In case you're wondering: when asking Windows what symbol a key generates with various meta keys held using ToUnicode, you not only need to set the specific meta key state (e.g., VK_RMENU and VK_LCONTROL), but the side-agnostic version of it too (VK_MENU and VK_CONTROL), else you get nowt.
Thanks a bunch, Ciaran
We have lived with Ctrl+Z for a long time, so not in a hurry ;-)
cheers
pere

Ps adding -debug-ui -1 >> filename.txt makes all keypresses appear on the 'new' window, I mean press and release
but nothing gets printed to the outfile that ends being 0 bytes long. But nice to see the codes and how fast they
do repeat!
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Ok, new snapshot pushed!

I removed the console for now...
pser1

Post by pser1 »

sixxie wrote:Ok, new snapshot pushed!
I removed the console for now...
Works perfectly, Ciaran!
Now AltGr+2 creates the @ sign, so no need to be swithing back and forth
Thanks a lot!
cheers
pere
JeeK

Post by JeeK »

Alastair wrote:For those using Windows you have to append ">> filename" to the command to get a file containing any output messages, e.g., xroar -debug-ui -1 >> stdout.txt
Hmm, I don't see it anyway. xroar.exe is completely silent, even on failing parameters (w/o above redirection). Strange ... is my Win7 installation broken?

Edited: Didn't recognized the newer posts ...
Finally, with the new snapshot AltGr+Q leads correctly to @ - very fine. Thanks a lot, Ciaran!

Johann
The dragon on my side: http://klasek.at/hc/dragon/
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Ciaran,
maybe I am going mad, but now I cannot enter the number 5 :-(
If I use previous version (snapshot 40605), I can enter FOR I=0 TO 255, no problems
But with snapshot 40657, the '5' key does not output anything on the screen
If I press CTRL+Z then the number 5 works well ... (?)
This is the whole start parameters collection I use. What is wrong here?

Code: Select all

xroar -vo sdl -machine dragon64 -machine-cpu 6309 -extbas d64_1.rom -altbas d64_2.rom -machine-cart dragondos -cart-rom ddos40.rom -force-crc-match -disk-write-back -joy-left 0,0:1:0 -kbd-translate -lp-file ..\XRoar\sortida.txt
cheers
pere
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

pser1 wrote: maybe I am going mad, but now I cannot enter the number 5 :-(
Ok that's very strange. Catalan layout? Looks pretty normal, not even a case of numerals being shifted. Can't see any reason for that offhand.

I'll try and nab the Windows machine again and try it with a few different layouts (I only experimented with German before).

Edit: how about the shifted version of '5' btw? Any different?

..ciaran
pser1

Post by pser1 »

sixxie wrote:
pser1 wrote: maybe I am going mad, but now I cannot enter the number 5 :-(
Ok that's very strange. Catalan layout? Looks pretty normal, not even a case of numerals being shifted. Can't see any reason for that offhand.
I'll try and nab the Windows machine again and try it with a few different layouts (I only experimented with German before).
Edit: how about the shifted version of '5' btw? Any different?
..ciaran
Hi, no 'special' keyboard layout chosen.
The shift 5 gives correctly the % sign ...
But prior version (40605) doesn't lose that 5 keystroke!
cheers
pere