Custom loaders

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
prime

Custom loaders

Post by prime »

Hi All,

As part of the development on DragonMMC, I'm manipulating tape input to be able to capture it to the MMC, think a hardware version of what Xroar does with wav->cas. Testing is currently going well and the only thing I have found that it can't handle is "Tube Way Army" as this has a custom loader that runs entirely in RAM and doesn't use the ROM routines at all.

However this seems to be the only one I have currently found, are there any others that I should be aware of?

Cheers.

Phill.
robcfg

Re: Custom loaders

Post by robcfg »

I think Fire Force has quite a special loader too, I still haven't managed to create a working cas file from the original wav file.

In the case of Tube Way Army, there's some empty room on the tape after the loader, to give time to initialize the routines. As cas files cannot store empty areas of the tape, we managed to create a working cas file by filling the gap with leader bytes.

Fire Force is the tough one.
sixxie

Re: Custom loaders

Post by sixxie »

Superkid - another RAM-based one.

Attached my copy of Fire Force - all ROM loading, AFAICT, just weirdly ordered blocks.

Hmm, maybe I just built that one up from the archive copy - I don't seem to have all the other gubbins around that implies I recorded it myself from tape! Perhaps ignore :)
Attachments
Fire Force (198x)(Quickbeam).cas
Fire Force CAS
(33.44 KiB) Downloaded 178 times