Now working - Dragon SD card loader for tape images!

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Higgy69

Now working - Dragon SD card loader for tape images!

Post by Higgy69 »

Hi,

I thought I would post this in case it was not known about - you can now load Dragon tapes off a SD card!!

First some history, some time ago I bought a Toshiba MSX HX-10 and in my research I came across a couple of guys who were developing an Arduino based SD card loader for 8 bit systems ( http://arduitapemarkii.blogspot.co.uk/ ). They supported the MSX, which has it's tape images in .CAS format. Following their guide I built my own 'CASDunio' and used it with my MSX.

Later I got a Dragon, I had lots of issues loading tapes and saw that Dragon tape images are also in a .CAS format. In my naivety I read up a little about the .CAS format and thought there were some similarities between the MSX & Dragon formats, so I asked the guys if they could look at supporting the Dragon.

I am pleased to say that their latest software release now supports the Dragon and it works great!!! It has taken them some time to do and to their credit I don't think they even have an actual Dragon to test with the device, but they managed it. :ugeek:

sorchard

Re: Now working - Dragon SD card loader for tape images!

Post by sorchard »

Hi and welcome!

Many thanks for sharing this. There are already a few bits of hardware & software around that can transfer cas files into a Dragon, but I find this idea particularly interesting plus it's good to have options.
Stew