XRoar - Windows 10 64-bit

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Bosco

Re: XRoar - Windows 10 64-bit

Post by Bosco »

Hi geirhovland.

Just tried to repro on my machine but everything seems ok - no crashes.

When you say `Minimize screen using Alt-Tab'. This switches application, cycling rapidly through any apps that are open if held. Is this what you meant?
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

Bosco wrote:Hi geirhovland.

Just tried to repro on my machine but everything seems ok - no crashes.

When you say `Minimize screen using Alt-Tab'. This switches application, cycling rapidly through any apps that are open if held. Is this what you meant?
Yes, that's what I meant. xroar also crashes when I am in full-screen mode and press the Windows key and then return to xroar. I am on Windows 10.0.16299 Build 16299, 64-bit.
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Just tried the full-screen + windows key thing on the the same build of Win 10 64-bit that you're using and everything seems fine.

Not sure what to suggest, (I'm not that techy when it comes to this kind of thing)?
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Geirhovland,
does the very latest version of XRoar (xroar-snap-2018-15685-w64 at the time of writing) crash on your system?
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

Alastair wrote:Geirhovland,
does the very latest version of XRoar (xroar-snap-2018-15685-w64 at the time of writing) crash on your system?
Thanks Alastair, that version (xroar-snap-2018-15685-w64) does not crash.
nmoulton667

Post by nmoulton667 »

First post. I just registered so I could report I was seeing the same problem with XRoar: namely whenever going to full screen, then ctrl-tabbing away, then returning to focus it would always crash. I also saw it crash often when not at full screen, still after losing focus. The crash always happened right as XRoar was regaining focus. On Windows 10 64-bit.

I saw this post and took the idea, updating to the latest unreleased version, and have been running happily now for many hours with not a single crash.

Thank you for that idea.

Norm
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I think these crashes might be down to the version of SDL2 I built the 0.34.8 against. I was able to replicate in Wine.

I've since updated my local copy of SDL2, and that problem doesn't seem to arise any more, even with 0.34.8, so I've rebuilt the windows binaries as "0.34.8a".

At this point though you're probably better off with the snapshots - more features, and I'm happy enough with the stability that as soon as I add a few more command line options, I'll make a release.
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

@sixxie - Thanks for all the time and effort you put into updating XRoar.

The latest snapshot build runs flawlessly for me. :D :D