Attic Bug - ebay - Dragon

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
admin
Site Admin

Attic Bug - ebay - Dragon

Post by admin »

OK

Hands up

Who sold their entire collection of Dragon stuff to Attic Bug?? - Have you seen what they are listing, some of it has never been made for sale/auction in the 15 or so years I have been collecting...... and if its not somebody on here - then who was it? - I have spoken to the owners of Attic Bug and they have over 400 Dragon titles to list.
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Re: Attic Bug - ebay - Dragon

Post by robcfg »

Not me...
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi,
I keep on collecting CoCo and Dragon items ...
but I am not a millionaire to be able to buy their ultra high priced items, pity :-(

have a nice weekend!
cheers
pere
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

All things Dragon have become insanely expensive.

It's a pity, as I've seen rare items go into unknown hands and not being preserved.

That said, I'm no millionaire either...
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Wow. Those really are... prices... I mean, not prices I would ever think of paying, but you know. Prices.
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Indeed wow those are prices. I guess sometimes people will pay silly money making it worth trying to sell high.

I wouldn't be surprised if they gradually drop in price. Stock isn't worth anything if it doesn't sell...

I'll be hanging onto my own collection for a good while yet. Still haven't found enough rainy days to scan it all.
Stew
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

I have bought from Attic bug before, and they were very reasonably priced. These latest prices are just insane, especially when we are taking £100 for effectively a large clam case and commonly available game.

I think the Dragon market shot up a couple of years ago. I suspect that a handful of individuals or fewer have driven up prices to the current levels. I deal in some other collectables myself (to the tune of single items worth up to £750-1000) and it is not unusual to see people manipulate markets cynically with artificial competition and buyouts to establish new prices, but I doubt that is the case here.

What I don't understand is how cheap some Co-Co versions are. I have picked up Athletyx, for example, for £1.50 ish this year. Stick Dragon onto the same title and you add a tenner.

I think I contributed wavs of my only really rare items last year, but if I ever decide to splash out on a rarity I would of course share it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have grabbed a few from them, even at those prices - but just the ones I have not seen for years and still needed. Which reminds me that I have a box of ~130 tapes that are not yet available in CAS/WAV format - now if only my current PC sound card did't bugger about with the line-in I could do something - breaking out my old PC from loft in a few weeks to start processes these.

The dragon stuff has gradually been increasing slowly over the years, there is so little of it about that it only takes a couple of new collectors to start pushing up prices on auctions. I can remember selling my duplicate Microdeal tapes in bulk for £1 each. You can still get the very common stuff for a reasonable price and even the occasional bargain - but I was paying over £30 for some of the more unusual stuff 5 years ago.

I know who sold this collection to them, and thus know these have been well looked after. I also think they have incorrectly priced some items, thinking they are rare/unusual when they are actually quite common - but even I can't be 100% about all of the different variations on packaging etc. Those that are priced too high will I expect "loop round" for a while and be reduced eventually. I know the people who run AtticBug and if there is something you want, feel free to make a sensible offer as they will help if they can.
Simon Hardy
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

Feel free to not say, but may I ask which ones tempted you to buy?
Do you think people want to own copies of something multiple times in each format and with each packaging it was released in?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I bought mainly the titles that are not available for download - they have not been preserved - so they take priority.

Different packaging and other variations are only useful if you are looking to have a 100% complete collection.
Simon Hardy