Dragon 32: Lost power supply - custom made replacement?

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
YuT666

Dragon 32: Lost power supply - custom made replacement?

Post by YuT666 »

Hi,

well, i can buy a D32 without the power supply ... i've seen, that this one uses some strange values.

I searched the board for some info and found this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4967&hilit=power+supply

... but the last post is old and i can't found any news concerning this problem (by the way, i own this Voltek SPEC7188B), and my question is ... are there any "new" ways to replace the PSU?

Thanks in advance & regards

YuT666
Alastair

Re: Dragon 32: Lost power supply - custom made replacement?

Post by Alastair »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The thread you link to is a discussion about replacing the internal power board of the Dragon with the Voltek SPEC7188B, and in doing so removing the need for an external power supply. If you would rather not hack the internals of a Dragon but instead prefer to build a replacement external power supply there is a page in the Wiki that gives details. Plus you may also find this thread on the subject - and the links within - to be of some interest.
tjewell

Post by tjewell »

There's also somebody on the Dragon group on Facebook has made a small batch of replacement power supplies. I can't link to the thread, alas, but if you join the group and ask, someone will point you in the right direction.

Cheers, Tony
YuT666

Post by YuT666 »

Thanks for the answer, guys. I'll think about it and then i'll decide, if i replace the whole PSU or only the external one.