xroar trouble with 2 games- return of the ring & ring of dar

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
ant

xroar trouble with 2 games- return of the ring & ring of dar

Post by ant »

hi there

I am strugggling to get 2 particular games to work - i have tried different versions of xroar and
tried using with different window software(XP)- it makes no difference.

i am using windows 7 and xroar 0.27 .

Return of the ring: loads up past the character generation screen , and then appears to freeze
i have tried the cloadm option as suggested in a previous post , but the problem persists? all time classic game so close .....
please help!

Ring of darkness: loads up perfectly- but i cannot save and retrieve with the "Q" option - has anyone else had these problems??
Alastair

Re: xroar trouble with 2 games- return of the ring & ring of

Post by Alastair »

ant wrote:Return of the ring: loads up past the character generation screen , and then appears to freeze i have tried the cloadm option as suggested in a previous post , but the problem persists? all time classic game so close .....
please help!
Do you mean after the point where it says "Insert the Ring cassette on Game Side and rewind it, then Press any Key"? If so then the trick is to press a key so that the message "Press play, then Press any Key" appears and then 'insert' return2.cas, before pressing a key for a second time. This is also something to keep in mind when returning from the forest moon (press a key, then 'reinsert' return2.cas at the "Press play, then Press any Key" stage).
ant wrote:Ring of darkness: loads up perfectly- but i cannot save and retrieve with the "Q" option - has anyone else had these problems??
I've never tried this, when using an emulator I always saved a memory snapshot instead.
ant

Post by ant »

thanks Alatair - return of the ring up and running now!
A big relief and hours of headache saved - thanks

i am really not at the sharp end of this emulator process
have tried memory snap shots:ctrl+S to save which seems to work and save (i.e a file appears)
the ctrl+L does not seem to load the snap shot up - is there an alternative control?

i hope any other newbies find thiss info useful.

thanks again
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

ant wrote:i am really not at the sharp end of this emulator process
have tried memory snap shots:ctrl+S to save which seems to work and save (i.e a file appears)
the ctrl+L does not seem to load the snap shot up - is there an alternative control?
When saving choose Snapshots from the "Save as type" dropdown box and be sure to give the snapshot a .sna extension to the file name. You should then be able to use Ctrl+L to load the snapshot.
ant

Post by ant »

Alastair -
again thank you for your help - i am now back on track !
all working fine now!