Something I have been working on.....

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
robcfg

Re: Something I have been working on.....

Post by robcfg »

Ooooooooooooooooh! Fantastic!!

Can it handle disk images too? (or is it planned for the future?).

That's really a kick-ass expansion for the Dragon!

Do you plan doing a batch of these? Just in case, consider me in the line :mrgreen:

Great work!
prime

Post by prime »

robcfg wrote:Ooooooooooooooooh! Fantastic!!

Can it handle disk images too? (or is it planned for the future?).
Not *YET* though it is something I am thinking about as I do have the disassembled source to both DragonDOS and SuperDOS, so should just be able to drop in hooks at various points.
That's really a kick-ass expansion for the Dragon!

Do you plan doing a batch of these? Just in case, consider me in the line :mrgreen:
I'm getting an initial batch of 10 done once the current prototype which I finished yesterday is tested, I want to try and get it to be field upgradable.

Cheers.

Phill.
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

Congratulations - well done!! I guess you can save and load CAS files with this cartridge? If you provide a user manual and a reasonably robust and protected cartridge, then you can sign me up for one as well. This solution could solve the CAS file generation and transfer to PC once and for all. No more WAV files or RS-232 transfers.
rolfmichelsen

Post by rolfmichelsen »

Fantastic stuff!

-- Rolf
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hi All
That is just awsome and its on an sd card :D :D Keep up the excellent work
Many Thanks
Andrew
prime

Post by prime »

geirhovland wrote:Congratulations - well done!! I guess you can save and load CAS files with this cartridge? If you provide a user manual and a reasonably robust and protected cartridge, then you can sign me up for one as well. This solution could solve the CAS file generation and transfer to PC once and for all. No more WAV files or RS-232 transfers.
Manual / Instructions yet to be worked upon I do have documentation of the currently implemented commands.

Yep can load / save cas files, the code patches the basic tape routines to read/write cas files. By default the routines are not enabled meaning that you can load a real tape into memory, activate the emulation and then save to MMC.
I plan to try and implement a simple method of transfering tape->cas and cas->tape.

The cartrige currently has the same outline as the DragonDOS cart so can fit into it's casing, I may have a source of some cartrige cases from the CoCo people but will have to import them from the US.

Cheers.

Phill.
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

I have access to a 3D printer (plastics). If you could provide a 3D drawing of the cartridge (including the opening for the MMC), then I could try to print a few for you. You could also include your own logo on top of the cartridge :-)
Cardinalfang

Post by Cardinalfang »

I like the look of that. Looking forward to seeing the finished product
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hello Phill,

It's really great your project!
With this you will give the possibility to feed our Dragons to a lot of users that don't have flopppy drives.
If possible, I will like one when available

- Pere