City Bomber - Yet Another Version

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
daftspaniel

City Bomber - Yet Another Version

Post by daftspaniel »

Hi Folks,

I've had fun with the various versions of City Bomber but I decided to have a go and write my own version.

Here's a screenshot and a .bas file should be attached to this post:

What do you think? Needs a bit more speed for me and the demolition needs to be more 'messy'. Some machine code required I think or is there any other speed ups possible?

Cheers,
Davy

Updated the download
Attachments
cityb5.bas.zip
My City Bomber Version
(1.91 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Rink

Re: City Bomber - Yet Another Version

Post by Rink »

Looks good - I'm excited to try it so will give it a whirl ASAP and let you know what I think.
briza

Re: City Bomber - Yet Another Version

Post by briza »

daftspaniel wrote:Hi Folks,

I've had fun with the various versions of City Bomber but I decided to have a go and write my own version.

Here's a screenshot and a .bas file should be attached to this post:

What do you think? Needs a bit more speed for me and the demolition needs to be more 'messy'. Some machine code required I think or is there any other speed ups possible?

Cheers,
Davy

Updated the download
Mate, The game is a very good clone, It is the best one I have played so far on a Dragon or Coco computer, well done mate.

Yeah the game could use a faster speed and the Bomb could be resigned to look like a Bomb that way it will make it harder to beat and make it close as possible to the other versions I have seen on other systems :) The way it demolishes the buildings is exactly like the Vic-20 version I played as a kid :)

As for speed ups, Only way possible is to use ML/Basic combination for the plane movement, I would leave the demolishing speed as is, it is perfect :)

Overall I really enjoyed playing it Davy

laters

Briza