Tano Dragons

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Re: Tano Dragons

Post by sixxie »

Do you actually have an NTSC display? Or a PAL one that happens to handle 60Hz (PAL-M)?

The latter will give the green/purple artifacts, I think.
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

I thought that was in South America only?
According to the specs it is compatible with NTSC, SECAM and PAl. It is a KDL 26S4000 Sony. When trying on another TV - a Panasonic bought last year- the same effect- purple and green on black. I will try and upload a picture, from the Panasonic. I have not adjusted the picture for sharpness etc.
Attachments
100_4272.JPG
100_4272.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2845 times
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

sixxie wrote:Do you actually have an NTSC display? Or a PAL one that happens to handle 60Hz (PAL-M)?

The latter will give the green/purple artifacts, I think.
I've been trying out a CoCo game called Plateau of the Past with XRoar and I'm getting the same colours as shown on L. Curtis Boyle's site. However, as the instructions below show, the colours are supposed to be purple and green. So now I am confused, the game was marketed in North America so why do the instructions state purple/green rather than blue/orange?
Attachments
PlateauPast.jpg
PlateauPast.jpg (10.13 KiB) Viewed 2818 times
drmarkb

Post by drmarkb »

Just a little update on this- the other day one of my games randomly artifacted Orange/Blue rather than Purple/Green. It then reverted back to vivid Purple/Green.