MSX Dragon

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Lothos

MSX Dragon

Post by Lothos »

Hi,

Does anybody know much about the proposed MSX Dragon?

I happened across a french website today that shows a photograph of the MSX Dragon - I haven't seen this before and was wondering if anybody could give any further information - unfortunately my french language skills are not up to the task!

Google Translate has given the following information:

"In May 1985, the Dragon MSX appears, manufactured by Radofin company, Hong Kong, Custom Eurohard. At the same time, the distributor of software and the most active devices on Dragon, Websters, leaves the 32 and 64. This means for users greater difficulty finding software for their machines. Compusense then controlled Race Electronics of new products to offset this loss, and Radofin starts to turn to produce."

Here's the link to the page - http://www.grospixels.com/site/dragon.php
robcfg

Re: MSX Dragon

Post by robcfg »

David Gisbert aka Tromax is a spanish collector that has a working MSX Dragon, check the pictures and videos on his site.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

David Linsley's Dragon History mentions the MSX Dragon, just search for MSX if you don't want to read the whole article (though you really should read all of it).
JoeMorgan

Post by JoeMorgan »

Indeed, the Dragon MSX is a rare piece of museum property of "Tromax" (a very odd person). 8-)

I could see it live on the last convention Retrobarcelona where we did a podcast.

He brought it in a weak backpack. A piece of junk that tells valued at € 190,000. :mrgreen:
Tromax

Post by Tromax »

JoeMorgan wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:53 pm Indeed, the Dragon MSX is a rare piece of museum property of "Tromax" (a very odd person). 8-)

I could see it live on the last convention Retrobarcelona where we did a podcast.

He brought it in a weak backpack. A piece of junk that tells valued at € 190,000. :mrgreen:
Hi JoeMorgan

The best way that people can appreciate my dragon msx and that it exists and is real is to teach it,
I suppose other people would think about it many times to take it, for possible apprehensive people
or lack of respect

Regards
David
bluearcus

Post by bluearcus »

I very much appreciated you making it available for the Dragon user meet here in the UK two years ago! Thankyou David!
Tromax

Post by Tromax »

bluearcus wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:12 pm I very much appreciated you making it available for the Dragon user meet here in the UK two years ago! Thankyou David!
You're welcome bluearcus :D for me it was a pleasure and an honor to show you my dear dragon msx, pity that I could not attend, but ...

I would very much like one day to go face-to-face with my beloved Dragon MSX and I know that I will go, in some Dragon event in the United Kingdom, to be able to explain a little the history, the way I get to obtain it, in a conference that if you I will ask for a translator because my English is quite bad :( But the desire and the illusion are above :D ;)

Google translation, Regards !!
David