XRoar 0.27 available

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

XRoar 0.27 available

Post by sixxie »

Fixed the CPU flag behaviour of SEX and DAA instructions - real life doesn't quite match up to the data sheet. The DAA fix sorts out the FEdit line number issue. Never seen anything fall foul of the the SEX bug.

Hopefully made tape padding behaviour a bit less stupid by default with audio files.

http://www.6809.org.uk/dragon/xroar.shtml
geirhovland

Re: XRoar 0.27 available

Post by geirhovland »

Great - Well Done! :D I downloaded and tested it, and it works fine.
Maybe I am asking too much, but do you think XRoar will be able to emulate (under Win7) the RS-232 port on a Dragon 64 in a future version?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I keep meaning to add the code for serial port emulation for Unix - if MinGW supports that, it would work on Windows. If specific Windows code is needed, I'll need help for that.
geirhovland

Post by geirhovland »

If the serial port emulation would work on Unix (Ubuntu for example), that would be great. In addition, I am sure there are a number of people on the forum (including myself) who could help testing the serial port emulation on Win7.

On the Dragon64 there is an additional command DLOADM which should allow for downloading CAS files directly onto a real Dragon64 from a PC with a terminal program. That would create an alternative to the cumbersome process of making WAV files and tapes. That is something I would like to test out, and it doesn't require the serial port emulation. However, with serial port emulation, it would also be possible to transfer files in the other direction directly into XRoar, where it is easy to generate file formats like CAS or DMK.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Cartridge support has been broken since v0.25. Loading a cartridge game ROM with Ctrl+I, or Ctrl+Shift+I followed by EXEC&HC000 causes the emulated CoCo/Dragon to freeze.

The -pal and -ntsc command line options also seem to be broken.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Ctrl+L also fails to load cartridge game ROMs.

File>Load and File>Run on the v0.27 GTK+ compile also fail.

Using '-load cartname.rom' at the command line loads the ROM correctly.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Found another bug:

Fast cassette I/O does not work when emulating a CoCo 1 or 2 with COLOR BASIC . Using "-no-tape-fast" to disable fast tape loading is the only way to emulate this machine with working cassette I/O.
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

Found another bug:

For some reason the Kung-Fu Dude (attached) does not load under XROAR CoCo 1/2 emulation. It starts to load and then just seems to freeze at the loading screen. No problems loading this under MESS.
Attachments
kungdude.zip
(50.22 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

I can't yet replicate the cartridge bug: I think I need to check thoroughly and see if it's an accident of my platform that it happens to work...

I'll check out the CoCo cassette bug - is that specifically without Extended BASIC?

And for the disk - looks like a side effect of it not being a whole number of tracks long. The game loader tries to read sectors after the last sector contained within the file and XRoar hasn't created those sectors on the in-memory representation of the disk. If you append 3072 zero bytes to the disk file, it works (completes the track data). Other emulators must let you truncate the disk image and assume the missing sectors, so I'll do that too.

Can't help but notice it loads really slowly too - maybe I should change the default interleave when in CoCo mode...
zephyr

Post by zephyr »

sixxie wrote:II'll check out the CoCo cassette bug - is that specifically without Extended BASIC?
For CoCo emulation, yes. Does not work in Dragon 64 - ''64 Mode' either.