Hello

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
paul

Hello

Post by paul »

Hi everyone, I'm just saying hello as a new member

I got a D32 back in 1982 (after having a ZX80 before that) and then got a D64 later on, with DDOS and OS9, Flex etc. I kept using it until about 1990 when I upgraded to a 386 based PC. I even wrote my degree final year project documentation using Stylograph. I did a lot of hardware and programming on it in those days (I made a Dragon -> ISA bus 'adapter' so I could use a PC MDA adapter in OS9, as well as PC floppy controllers with DMA). I was working on a memory mapping module to support OS9 Level 2 but real life got in the way, and that never got completed for various reasons.

I did write a Forth compiler (for OS9 I think) which I sold a few copies of while I was at university and I vaguely remember writing some magazine articles in the latter days (possibly for the NDUG magazine), but that might be my imagination (nope, just found one - August 1988 Dragon User, page 8 - that was me :-) It's a bit technical, but I was doing an electronic engineering degree at the time...)

Unfortunately, at the moment my modded D64 seems to have gone missing, so I'm just messing with XRoar until I can find it or get a replacement D64.

I've dug out a box of cassettes & floppy disks which I'm going to go through and see if I can import any, and I've found lots of old magazines & books, so I'll see if I've got any which aren't already on the site.
sixxie

Re: Hello

Post by sixxie »

paul wrote: I did write a Forth compiler (for OS9 I think) which I sold a few copies of while I was at university and I vaguely remember writing some magazine articles in the latter days (possibly for the NDUG magazine), but that might be my imagination (nope, just found one - August 1988 Dragon User, page 8 - that was me :-) It's a bit technical, but I was doing an electronic engineering degree at the time...)
Cool - I remember playing around with the page bit, that may well have been triggered by your article :)

Didn't achieve anything, obv. I think you'd need ROM support to do anything useful.
jedie

Re: Hello

Post by jedie »

Maybe caddigital sell unboxed Tano Dragon (it's like D64) these days?!? Or are they sold out ?
... too many ideas and too little time ... Related stuff written in Python:
Dragon 32 emulator / PyDC - Python Dragon 32 converter: https://github.com/jedie/DragonPy
DWLOAD server / Dragon-Lib and other stuff: https://github.com/6809