Dragon DOS controllers

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
Vato

Dragon DOS controllers

Post by Vato »

I just realized that the labels on my two Dragon DOS controllers are slightly different.
The label of one of the controllers has the text "DATA LTD" under the "Dragon" text, and has the text "P/N 22279" under the dragon logo. The label on the other controller doesn't have that text.
dragondoscontrollers2.jpg
dragondoscontrollers2.jpg (159.37 KiB) Viewed 4401 times
The one to the left came from Spain with dragondos 4.1 and the one to the right came with dragondos 1.0.

Is there anyone who knows anything about this? Is the one with "extra text" and dragondos 1.0 a Welsh made version, and the "no text" dragondos 4.1 controller a Spaniard?
Tom
robcfg

Re: Dragon DOS controllers

Post by robcfg »

Good question!

I think they will be the same, but would you be so kind of opening them and take a picture of the boards? Just to check, you know :mrgreen:
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I suspect the Spanish one was made by Eurohard after they had acquired Dragon Data Ltd. (See the wiki and the last few paragraphs of this forum post.)
Vato

Post by Vato »

robcfg wrote:Good question!

I think they will be the same, but would you be so kind of opening them and take a picture of the boards? Just to check, you know :mrgreen:
Here we go!
dragondoscontrollersinternals2.jpg
dragondoscontrollersinternals2.jpg (575.37 KiB) Viewed 4389 times
Tom
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DragonDOS v4.1 is by Eurohard so the one on the left was made after Dragon Data Ltd was sold.
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Looking at the pictures, one of the controllers is an "Issue 2" where the one we have scanned is an "Issue 1". So long the only difference I've spotted is the ground line extension on the lower right corner.

The Eurohard one is labelled as "Issue 2" too, but looks exactily like the original "Issue 1" controller. There's also the red cable, which I don't know whether it is a repair job or not.

Any chance we can get 300 dpi scans of both sides of the controllers? In case it's not possible, a picture of the pcb's solder side would be of great help.