Cassette List

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sorchard

Cassette List

Post by sorchard »

I should have done this a long time ago but I've finally got round to listing all of my Dragon tapes.

There are 194 boxed, 45 that don't have boxes and another 21 copies or dubious origin. ods spreadsheet attached.

Just the 'small' task now of figuring out what needs dumping & scanning...
Attachments
Dragon Cassettes.zip
(41.14 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Stew
robcfg

Re: Cassette List

Post by robcfg »

Hi!

I just checked you excel file, and I'm attaching the result.

The tapes marked green are already preserved. The ones marked in yellow have tape and or inlay or manual scans missing. Last, the ones marked red need tape dump and full scans.

You can also check our online google docs sheet to see the current status of Dragon software preservation. Feel free to update it when you upload anything to the wiki.

It seems you just signed in for some preservation work! :D

In case of doubt or problems dumping tapes, send me a PM and I'll gladly help you.

Cheers!
Attachments
DragonTapesChecked.zip
(29.52 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Many thanks for going through the list. Much appreciated.

Ooh err, that's a lot of yellow and red! I guess I had better stop putting it off and make a start :-)

Cheers for the offer of help. I will probably need it for editing the wiki. I'm not even sure if I have wiki privileges...
Stew
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

Oh, Superkid's on that list. I did that one:

http://www.6809.org.uk/tmp/da/dragon_originals/

That's recreated from multiple loads (and probably xreffed with the data in the truncated archive copy), then written with bin2cas.pl to try and get the timings as reliable as possible for its custom loader.

The original had the waveform at pretty much the fastest rate that would load. The custom loader has no block structure, so no inter-block sync, and is a right bugger on slightly degraded copies.

Edit: Bean Stalker's in there too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hmm....

Does anybody want to volunteer to do some dumping/scanning?

Attached is my list of tapes/disks/carts that I have in storage - will be a real pain to get them out - but if somebody trusted on here wants to borrow them for dumping/scanning I am happy to send them in stages as I just do not have the time to do this myself.

Any dumping must be done accurately without truncating any header/leader bytes so it will load back into a real dragon.
Attachments
SimonList.zip
(50.57 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Simon Hardy
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I'll take a look at your later today. I offer myself to do it, the same as I've dumped daelectron disks a couple of times, and several other people's disks, tapes and devices.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Rob,
some of the programs marked in red might already be in the Uploads section, for example the Larkspur Waldorf games are definitely available as are the tape and inlay scans.
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

Ok, thanks!

Now, Simon's list is a big one! I'll make another one by taking out what we really have, and see the true size of the task ahead.
sorchard

Post by sorchard »

Who's that cat who's too BIG to fit in your scanner?

*SHAFT*

The library case is vastly over-sized so I may need to borrow the A3 scanner from work :-)

I've made a bit of a dent in the inlay scanning task. I've stored the files in a public folder until I get permission to edit the wiki. Here's a link for the curious: http://1drv.ms/1KD7T7t
Stew
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

I just had some time to do a proper list of my Dragon software collection, so here it goes!

Link to Google Docs

Of course, everything I have is here in the Archive wiki ;)