XRoar 0.33 released

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
sixxie

Re: XRoar 0.33 released

Post by sixxie »

Thank you for testing :)

I'm glad the keyboard code works generally. I don't suppose you're in a locale that lets you enter any special characters with AltGr? The following should be typable on the Dragon 200-E:

ü (shift+break)
ç (shift+0)
ñ, Ñ
§ (shift+space)

No great loss if Windows users can't type those directly for now I suppose, but it'd be nice to get the translated mode working as completely as possible eventually.

XRoar doesn't support "composed" characters (produced with sequence of discrete keypresses), either host-side or guest-side, so the accented lowercase vowels on the Dragon 200-E must be typed using its own compose mechanism.

Edit: I've now finally fixed the Dragon 200-E alternate text mode (CLS 9). Bye bye Semigraphics 6.
pser1

Post by pser1 »

Hi Ciaran,
just downladed snapshot 2015-33312 and tested it for a while.
Great job!!
All you say works flawlessly and as before
shift+Clear shows the @ sign and
shift+Intro switches from lower-uppercase

By the way, what should I expect after issuing CLS9?
It seems that the letters are the same as were before that command, am I losing something?

cheers
pere

EDIT. I see that the cursor changes of shape converting to a black square, but what else could be done in that mode?
Was this intended to have the 'normal' inverted lowercase letters?
sixxie

Post by sixxie »

pser1 wrote: By the way, what should I expect after issuing CLS9?
It seems that the letters are the same as were before that command, am I losing something?
It toggles it back to "classic" VDG layout in terms of character values (though the glyphs are still coming from its ROM, meaning you still get the exaggerated exclamation mark, etc.).

Previous versions of XRoar also enabled Semigraphics 6 in this mode.

Code: Select all

10 ?@224
20 FORI=0TO255:POKE1024+I,I:NEXT
RUN, then type CLS9 a couple of times and watch what changes.
pser1

Post by pser1 »

alright.
Got the difference. It is interesting despite a bit awkward to use, but this opens up another window
to local languages that use other accentuations, very good indeed!

cheers
pere