VCFE Munich

A place to discuss everything Dragon related that doesn't fall into the other categories.
tormod

VCFE Munich

Post by tormod »

On short notice, I will be going to the vintage computer festival Europe in Munich VCFE.org this weekend. I got asked to present FUZIX and will of course show other Dragon stuff as well, from myself and the community. Not sure how many Dragon fans will be visiting, but there will sure be more leaving than coming ;) It is gonna be exciting, my largest retro event so far!
TomEG

Re: VCFE Munich

Post by TomEG »

Good luck Tormod.

That sounds like a lot of fun!

Tom
robcfg

Post by robcfg »

We should have a calendar of events so we don't realize there's one with only two days notice.

That said, have a nice time there, and make sure there are videos we can see!
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Hope you have a great time and, as robcfg says, post some pics/vids if pos? :D
tormod

Post by tormod »

Here is my stand on the exhibition:
Tormod's stand, although Fuzix was on the programme I took the opportunity to educate the people about the Dragon, from its guts to its living community.
Tormod's stand, although Fuzix was on the programme I took the opportunity to educate the people about the Dragon, from its guts to its living community.
dragon-stand.jpeg (112.23 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
I had these slides that I made for a vintagebytes.ch presentation last year printed out so that filled it in quite nicely.
There are more pictures from the VCFE here: Of course, many were impressed by seeing Fuzix running on the little Dragon, especially the Unix/Linux guys, from the young ones with ponytails to the old ones without shoes. A funny encounter was the guy from Port Talbot who didn't know much about the Dragon and in particular where it came from, although he had worked for Tandy UK and knew the CoCo :)

I demoed other things than Fuzix as well, including the obligatory Flagon Bird which was of course well received.

A few Dragon owners came by too, I hope some of them will show up here in the forum. But most visitors (predominantly from Germany) didn't know about the Dragon and not so many about the 6809. Except the professor from Berlin who teaches assembly on 6809! For some reason on CoCo's though, sniff. Talking of which, the items in the back of my photo I found to my surprise on the festival flee market! First time I have seen this stuff, and a chance to snatch it without transatlantic shipping.

Many interesting things at the festival, difficult to pick something, but this year's theme was East-european computers, and of this in particular I have to mention Dragon 32 owner Zarko who came all the way from Serbia with some cool machines including the Galaksija which bit-bangs the video signal from its tiny BASIC ROM!

My wooden joystick again got some attention: https://plus.google.com/+WolfgangStief/ ... F1e37AxCWo Don't tell anyone it is just from last year :D
Bosco

Post by Bosco »

Great photos, thanks for sharing.

Your wooden joystick rocks! :D